What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on Hot Spring cleanliness of water..is it all that?  (Read 13174 times)

Quickbeam

Re: Opinions on Hot Spring cleanliness of water..is it all that?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »
Mostly its the Jets.  They just feel better to us.  SO fell in love with the moto massage.  The seat layout takes better advantage of the view we have available as well.

Well that's a good reason. How do you know you love the moto without trying it though?

I think they let him wet test a different tub. Maybe the Vanguard???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:19:16 pm »
  Chances are you will like the spa.   If they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee to take it back if you don't like it,  sounds like a deal.      We offer that and I think in 14 years we took back 1. 

Stupid they won't fill one for you and some kind of code or rule as to why they can't is ridiculous.  Doesn't sound like a HS corporate rule more like a dealer thing? 

Tsmith

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »
We have wet tested the Vanguard.  That one is *readily* available to wet test around here (since this dealer has one of those filled up in every darn store!)  It has two of the moto massage.  So we have wet tested the jets personally of HS.  Just not the seating layout of the one we'd like to purchase.  I found one dealer about 2 hours away willing to fill the spa we actually want to sit in.  Guess its road trip time.

Tsmith

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:25 pm »
  Chances are you will like the spa.   If they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee to take it back if you don't like it,  sounds like a deal.      We offer that and I think in 14 years we took back 1. 

Stupid they won't fill one for you and some kind of code or rule as to why they can't is ridiculous.  Doesn't sound like a HS corporate rule more like a dealer thing?

They do have a guarantee but its not a return guarantee just an exchange.  Therefore my hesitation.  There isn't really a spa in the running to swap models with inside the HS lineup.  Just the Marquis Wish at this point.  We'll take the time and do the drive to wet test since another seller (in a different company entirely) will actually fill one for us.

Water Boy

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36:11 am »

They do have a guarantee but its not a return guarantee just an exchange.  Therefore my hesitation.  There isn't really a spa in the running to swap models with inside the HS lineup.  Just the Marquis Wish at this point.  We'll take the time and do the drive to wet test since another seller (in a different company entirely) will actually fill one for us.

So, if you drive the two hours to wet test that Aria, and like it, are you buying it from that dealer, or from your local dealer?

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tsmith

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 03:58:46 am »
I would buy from my local dealer because they have regional territories and can't sell outside of their own.  Got a call from our local dealer today however and after some back and forth about how serious we are about purchasing if the wet test goes well..they agreed to fill the tub.  Sure glad they came to their senses as tomorrow was going to be dedicated to the trek to find a wet test.  I'm glad not to have to had to waste another dealers time or ours making the drive.  As my sales person mentioned when we came in, they didn't realize it was so easy to wire up one of the units.  I guess all these showroom folks just leave it to the techs or electricians...and what it came down to was after finally getting the ok from management they had to tackle the job themselves.

When all was said and done they got a sale out of it.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 10:02:19 am »
I would buy from my local dealer because they have regional territories and can't sell outside of their own.  Got a call from our local dealer today however and after some back and forth about how serious we are about purchasing if the wet test goes well..they agreed to fill the tub.  Sure glad they came to their senses as tomorrow was going to be dedicated to the trek to find a wet test.  I'm glad not to have to had to waste another dealers time or ours making the drive.  As my sales person mentioned when we came in, they didn't realize it was so easy to wire up one of the units.  I guess all these showroom folks just leave it to the techs or electricians...and what it came down to was after finally getting the ok from management they had to tackle the job themselves.

When all was said and done they got a sale out of it.

Its good to see some persistence paid off, let us know how it goes.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 10:08:27 am »
  As my sales person mentioned when we came in, they didn't realize it was so easy to wire up one of the units.  I guess all these showroom folks just leave it to the techs or electricians...and what it came down to was after finally getting the ok from management they had to tackle the job themselves.

::)
    It's called being lazy.  They/he knew what it took to fill and hook a tub up. In the end it sounds like it worked out for you..

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 12:40:47 pm »
  As my sales person mentioned when we came in, they didn't realize it was so easy to wire up one of the units.  I guess all these showroom folks just leave it to the techs or electricians...and what it came down to was after finally getting the ok from management they had to tackle the job themselves.

::)
    It's called being lazy.  They/he knew what it took to fill and hook a tub up. In the end it sounds like it worked out for you..

Yeah that's pretty bad on the salespeople part.  I guess it's not a code violation today.  I'm not sure how you can be so trusting of people who either lied to you or who have no clue about the products they carry.  FYI you can buy the tub wherever they just need to be able to handle warranty work and be able to service it.  I could sell a tub across the country if I wanted.  I wouldn't because I obviously couldn't service and support it.  Hope the BS is worth it and you like the tub

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »
I'd service it for you tubguy within 40 miles of Sturgeon Lake Minnesota. I get 85 per plus travel surcharge (25$) after 20 miles. 110 Minimum. 60 per hour plumbing plus travel/material. light electrical, same. 40 per hour for snow removal/re-positioning, lawn mowing/yard work, lake home/cabin prep. Hell I'll even stock your fridge and gas up your pontoon. Docks/boat lifts installation/removal quoted. I don't build stuff anymore but I will fix it.

Ooops advertising. Sorry Bill.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:38 pm »
I'd service it for you tubguy within 40 miles of Sturgeon Lake Minnesota. I get 85 per plus travel surcharge (25$) after 20 miles. 110 Minimum. 60 per hour plumbing plus travel/material. light electrical, same. 40 per hour for snow removal/re-positioning, lawn mowing/yard work, lake home/cabin prep. Hell I'll even stock your fridge and gas up your pontoon. Docks/boat lifts installation/removal quoted. I don't build stuff anymore but I will fix it.

Ooops advertising. Sorry Bill.

You work cheap tman. You should he'd out to the east coast a good independent gets double that in my parts

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 07:39:13 pm »
It cost less to live in gods country.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 07:39:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42