What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on Hot Spring cleanliness of water..is it all that?  (Read 13183 times)

MarKee

Re: Opinions on Hot Spring cleanliness of water..is it all that?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 10:11:28 pm »
Seems very odd that they won't let you wet test.  What happens if you got it home and didn't like it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 10:11:28 pm »

Tsmith

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 10:46:01 pm »
Yeah I will probably call around to more dealers.  Even though the one closest to me claims its a corporate policy that they be consistent throughout all their stores now I'm wondering. I'm weary of purchasing without a wet test.

They offer the satisfaction guarantee but I'd need to trade to another one of their tubs.  That doesn't help me any when the Aria is the best setup tub for us in their lineup.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 01:59:07 am »
The reality is with Hot Spring Highlife and NXT its setup so that when people are in the spa and the pumps are running and sweat, hair and other less pleasant things get in the water the spa is set up so that 100% of the water goes through the filters, no other spa is set up in that manner and it works great. Others will filter more later in the filter mode to make up for that difference which also works well as we see with other Hot Spring spas like Limelight and Hot Spot.

Sweat really, and others will filter more later in filter mode?     I swear to goodness you guys are brain washed at spa school..   LOL

We all know what those other less pleasant things are we're tying to filter so no need going to go into the detail lol.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:01:14 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 02:29:26 pm »
The reality is with Hot Spring Highlife and NXT its setup so that when people are in the spa and the pumps are running and sweat, hair and other less pleasant things get in the water the spa is set up so that 100% of the water goes through the filters, no other spa is set up in that manner and it works great. Others will filter more later in the filter mode to make up for that difference which also works well as we see with other Hot Spring spas like Limelight and Hot Spot.

Sweat really, and others will filter more later in filter mode?     I swear to goodness you guys are brain washed at spa school..   LOL

Of course its not the sweat but the unmentionable things in the water that we especially need to filter out as we all know ;)!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »
Yeah I will probably call around to more dealers.  Even though the one closest to me claims its a corporate policy that they be consistent throughout all their stores now I'm wondering. I'm weary of purchasing without a wet test.

They offer the satisfaction guarantee but I'd need to trade to another one of their tubs.  That doesn't help me any when the Aria is the best setup tub for us in their lineup.

Keep checking and tell them the wet test has to happen and its non negotiable.

Tsmith

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 03:28:20 pm »
I checked every dealer within a 3 hour radius.  Every one gave me the same story, its  electrically impossible for them to fill an Aria for us.  I don't understand that when the Vanguard right next to it is full.  The Marquis dealer just ran a cord from clear across his showroom to allow a  wet test on The Wish.  Is it really that more complicated to wet test different Hot Spring models?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »
 It's up to the dealer, some are better and more accommodating than others for a reason..     

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I waited till some of the more technical people spoke.  These are both good brands and I would make the filtration details lower down my list other factors, but I think you are in a no -lose situation.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Quickbeam

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 04:03:52 pm »
I checked every dealer within a 3 hour radius.  Every one gave me the same story, its  electrically impossible for them to fill an Aria for us.  I don't understand that when the Vanguard right next to it is full.  The Marquis dealer just ran a cord from clear across his showroom to allow a  wet test on The Wish.  Is it really that more complicated to wet test different Hot Spring models?

A big part of buying a hot tub is getting a dealer you can trust. If you have a dealer that is leaving you with question marks, I'd be shopping somewhere else, even if it meant having to go with a different brand of tub.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 05:45:12 pm »

No it isn't. For whatever reason the dealer doesn't want to accommodate you. Are all the HS dealers near you the same company?

Tsmith

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 06:00:36 pm »
Yes.  Basically they are the only dealer in the state. I'm not too concerned about the stability of the dealer, they have many locations and a long length of time in business.  Fairly good reviews overall based on online research. They seem reputable but they seem to have this corporate "rule" that only certain tubs can be filled.  I'm honestly surprised they can maintain sales versus competition with this policy but I guess they have folks like us that are so impressed by the brand they are willing to take a leap of faith model to model.  In order to fill an Aria and not be in code violation they would need to empty and move one of their tubs.  This was something Marquis would do for us.  HS is 2k more in price and I'd think for that kind of premium this dealer would be more accommodating.  If I didn't honestly believe we would prefer to have the HS in the end, I'd just give the sale to Marquis.

I'm actually considering driving out of state to do a darn wet test.  Jeez.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 06:18:04 pm »
Yes.  Basically they are the only dealer in the state. I'm not too concerned about the stability of the dealer, they have many locations and a long length of time in business.  Fairly good reviews overall based on online research. They seem reputable but they seem to have this corporate "rule" that only certain tubs can be filled.  I'm honestly surprised they can maintain sales versus competition with this policy but I guess they have folks like us that are so impressed by the brand they are willing to take a leap of faith model to model.  In order to fill an Aria and not be in code violation they would need to empty and move one of their tubs.  This was something Marquis would do for us.  HS is 2k more in price and I'd think for that kind of premium this dealer would be more accommodating.  If I didn't honestly believe we would prefer to have the HS in the end, I'd just give the sale to Marquis.

I'm actually considering driving out of state to do a darn wet test.  Jeez.

Sounds like a bs excuse to me. Not really sure why you would think you'd like the HS more?  Quality wise and therapeutic wise imo marquis is second to none. I like HS but usually when I can get a customer to wet test both they end up buying from me

Tsmith

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 06:26:00 pm »
Mostly its the Jets.  They just feel better to us.  SO fell in love with the moto massage.  The seat layout takes better advantage of the view we have available as well. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 07:01:30 pm »
Mostly its the Jets.  They just feel better to us.  SO fell in love with the moto massage.  The seat layout takes better advantage of the view we have available as well.

Oooow that's a pretty important thing (more important than filtering) and yes the moto is wonderful. But if you can't wet test the HS????? Good view means nothing if your not comfortable underwater in the Aria????? Question marks.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Well that's a good reason. How do you know you love the moto without trying it though?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42