What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Marvel water treatment & conditioner  (Read 5197 times)

crystal

Spa Marvel water treatment & conditioner
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:08 pm »
Hello everyone , its almost time for me to do a first water change with my new spa . The dealership gave me some free stuff and one was a bottle of Spa Marvel water treatment & conditioner . I noticed the price of this stuff and its $ 59.00 , im just wondering if its really worth the money ?

Thanks
Crystal

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Marvel water treatment & conditioner
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:08 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa Marvel water treatment & conditioner
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:32:43 pm »
I sell it and used to use it in my tub.  It works pretty good.  Main benefit is you don't need to use as much chlorine with it.  I just shocked my tub once a week with chlorine.

crystal

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:10:27 pm »
Ok thanks

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:50:09 pm »
Hello everyone , its almost time for me to do a first water change with my new spa . The dealership gave me some free stuff and one was a bottle of Spa Marvel water treatment & conditioner . I noticed the price of this stuff and its $ 59.00 , im just wondering if its really worth the money ?

Thanks
Crystal

What is it? What's it say on the label?
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:58:51 pm »

Thanks
Crystal

What is it? What's it say on the label?

Enzyme based water treatment system. You still need to use chlorine just not as much. I guess it's pretty big in Canada where it's made. People that I've put on it seem to like it but it's not a eliminate all other chemicals like they make it out to be

crystal

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 10:37:25 am »
Yes some people rave about it on amazon , I used it when I first filled my new hot tube( I never owed a hot tub before ) in January , so I didnt experience the water yet without it , but it only lasts 3 months and we are passing the 3 month mark now . I went to the pool dealership last night to test my water to see if it needs changing , the TDS read 1000 , so ill change the water in a few weeks . I asked about it and they said im on the " Spa Marvel Program " I thought  hmmm , but my husband goes for anything sold and wants it , but I think its not  nessasarry . My combined clhorine was high 1.73 ppm , im using spa boss chlor-aid and non chlorine shock . I shock everytime I put chlorine in about 25g of each every 3 days or so , but because of the high CC I had to put 60 g of non clhorine shock to lower it , she said to shock everytime I use the hot tub . Im wondering if I dont need to shock then after I put clhorine in ? Im wondering why my CC was high if it was because im not using enough shock ?. I have a Sundance with a clearray water purification system . I need to get a test kit , my test strip showed hardly any chlorine and when she tested it , it showed 2.05 ppm  FC and TC 3.78 ppm , and im to be in the 1-3 ppm range , the test strip wasnt registeing any chlorine .

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »
If your using chlorine that much then the spa marvel is a waste of money.  It's for people that don't want to or can't use chlorine that often (allergies or whatnot)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:25 pm »
Yea if chlorine doesn't bother you like most people and you are putting that much in. Save the 50 bucks.
Retired

crystal

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »
Ok thank you for your help .

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42