What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Divine DL-420 Owners? (Clearwater made Costco model)  (Read 14697 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Divine DL-420 Owners? (Clearwater made Costco model)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 07:23:38 pm »
 Clearwater builds a nice spa, that being said I doubt the Costco mdl is the same spa that is sold at a actual Clearwater dealer.    Overall you would probably be fine with it, you will be replacing jets before too long, equipment will be hit and miss.    Some people buy Costco spas and they do very well, then the next guy buys the same spa and has nothing but problems with it.    There is a reason why Costco changes spa mnfgs so often.   ;)  They have probably sold over 10 to 15  different brands over the years. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 07:23:38 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »
You guys don't understand. Costco goes to Clearwater and demands a price point. Clearwater says no problem. I'd buy higher quality if I was going to buy.
Retired

Kev B

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 09:32:09 am »
   Overall you would probably be fine with it, you will be replacing jets before too long, equipment will be hit and miss.   

What is wrong with the balboa equipment? And I will match their jets up with anything you have. and when Sundance sold their offshoot to Costco, they were a nightmare and the service department sucked!. Smart move for Costco to go with Clearwater....

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 11:34:34 am »
   Overall you would probably be fine with it, you will be replacing jets before too long, equipment will be hit and miss.   

What is wrong with the balboa equipment? And I will match their jets up with anything you have. and when Sundance sold their offshoot to Costco, they were a nightmare and the service department sucked!. Smart move for Costco to go with Clearwater....

You just made the point that everybody here is making.  When Sundance sold through Costco....Clearwater is doing the same thing.  You can't tell the quality difference from Balboa's higher end equipment to there cheap stuff.  They make all spectrums of equipment from pricepoint to quality.  This is my last post here because it's not really helping the OP out with his original question. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 02:59:44 pm »

Clearwater is no different than the other 10-15 company's that have hored Costco over the last 5-6 years. Manufacturers do it to make money, simple.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 04:10:22 pm »

Clearwater is no different than the other 10-15 company's that have hored Costco over the last 5-6 years. Manufacturers do it to make money, simple.

Until they don't make money or get tired of Costco bullying them around.    And to Kev B  nothing wrong with Balboa equipment, but it's not going to be the same pack that goes in the dealers spa.   Jet wise it's no secret that waterway jets do and will fail/pop out after some time.     I am sure they have different grades available to manufacturers.   

Anyway I am done with this as well.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 07:44:14 am »
It has nothing to do with the packs and the jets. Balboa and Waterway make fine products in several different quality levels from basic economy to over the top performance and reliable. But when a tub is built at a manufacturer there are several ways to make exceptable margins by spending less on the construction. Come on people don't kid yourselves.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »
It has nothing to do with the packs and the jets. Balboa and Waterway make fine products in several different quality levels from basic economy to over the top performance and reliable. But when a tub is built at a manufacturer there are several ways to make exceptable margins by spending less on the construction. Come on people don't kid yourselves.

Construction goes without saying.   ;)

Kev B

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 10:36:24 am »

but it's not going to be the same pack that goes in the dealers spa.   Jet wise it's no secret that waterway jets do and will fail/pop out after some time.     I am sure they have different grades available to manufacturers.   

Anyway I am done with this as well.

Last response and then I am done.  It is so easy for one to make statements, but to properly make a point, let's get some facts. And I would love to know what jets never fail and what they do to cheapen down the Balboa boards.....but your done so I guess we will never know.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 10:36:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42