What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Some questions about warm weather hot tub use  (Read 2721 times)

Chum

Some questions about warm weather hot tub use
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »
We have been enjoying our Sundance hot tub that was delivered in the Fall and finally got through the cold and snowy Midwest winter.

I have some questions about warm weather use now that it seems that the rising temperatures are almost here to stay. I thought to ask here before checking with my dealer, as your responses will also be helpful to others. Feel free to reply to some or all of my questions below.

I don't know that I'll want to get into such a hot tub when the outside temp is so hot. Is it normal to drop the hot tub thermostat down into the mid 90s during the hot summer months? Is there a low minimum temperature I should stay above to make sure the chemicals are effective?

We get a lot of mosquitoes after dark around here. Will the heat/steam and slight bromine smell from the tub keep them away? I really don't want to have to deal with wearing bug repellent as I assume it is not good for the water. Looking for any and all mosquito repellent tips :)

Any way to avoid sunburn when using the tub during the daytime? I don't think sunscreen would be good for the water. The only option I can think of is to buy one of those large spa umbrellas.

Thanks for reading and/or taking the time to reply to my questions. Any other warm weather tips you have would be appreciated!

Chum

Hot Tub Forum

Some questions about warm weather hot tub use
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

Kev B

Re: Some questions about warm weather hot tub use
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:13:55 am »
 Turning down the temp is a good idea and your chemicals will be fine.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Some questions about warm weather hot tub use
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:13:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42