What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Divine DL-420 Owners? (Clearwater made Costco model)  (Read 14687 times)

dishdude

Divine DL-420 Owners? (Clearwater made Costco model)
« on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »
Considering this model from Costco. I'm hoping to get some owner experiences, I am fully capable of DIY so local hand holding support isn't a requirement on my shopping list. This model seems to check off all my boxes; it has a lounger, a 24 hr circ pump and plenty of jets in all the right places. It's also about $4k less than the Aria.

Hot Tub Forum

Divine DL-420 Owners? (Clearwater made Costco model)
« on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Divine DL-420 Owners? (Clearwater made Costco model)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:29 pm »
Looks like an energy hog to me. With 5 real jets and about 50-60 bullet jets that will make you itch. Have you wet tested it?
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:30:45 pm »
Not a great warranty. Thermal pane insulation which if done correctly isn't bad if done wrong it will cost a fortune to run. There is only one manufacturer who has that down good and it's not divine. Like t-man said lots of jets but they all seem like small jets that won't feel good. The easiest way to make a tub look like a great value is putting in fancy lights and a million little jets while forgetting about under the hood. Costco is great for ketchup and bottled water but hot tubs not so much. You probably can't even see one in person. At 5999 you can get a tub from a quality manufacturers lower level tubs that will be better then this. Plus if something goes wrong with it you aren't calling some 1-800 number

Kev B

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 09:36:09 am »
This is a great tub and it is not just some 800 number, they are just another branch of Clearwater and are very anxious to keep you happy. Regular spa companies hate them because they are dealing with Costco. Also, they use Balboa controls and pumps and they are not proprietary so any good repairman can get them in the future.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 11:11:26 am »
This is a great tub and it is not just some 800 number, they are just another branch of Clearwater and are very anxious to keep you happy. Regular spa companies hate them because they are dealing with Costco. Also, they use Balboa controls and pumps and they are not proprietary so any good repairman can get them in the future.

What are the differences between the standard clearwater sold through dealers's versus the costco versions?  They must cheapen them down in some ways to hit that pricepoint

dishdude

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:01:22 pm »
One of the main reasons it's less is you're buying direct. Costco doesn't inventory or handle the tub at all, it is shipped direct from the manufacturer to the end of my driveway.

I was hoping to hear from someone that actually owns one, not just speculation.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:28:12 pm »
One of the main reasons it's less is you're buying direct. Costco doesn't inventory or handle the tub at all, it is shipped direct from the manufacturer to the end of my driveway.

The only benefit to that is cost.  You're taking a big risk not knowing anything about the tub or even being able to see it.  That expalins some of the price difference.  The other price difference is they use cheaper components in tubs that are sold through costco.  It's nothing new they have been doing it for years.  It was a big factor in putting tatum and hydro spa out of business

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 10:32:38 pm »
If you look under reviews in this forum there is one on this same tub that is from the last month

dishdude

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 10:42:52 pm »
That Belize thing? That's not the same tub. The specs say it can be 120v!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 10:55:51 pm »
That Belize thing? That's not the same tub. The specs say it can be 120v!

You're right I looked quick and thought it said 420. Same manufacturer different tub

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:18:31 am »

Help us get past our uneducated speculation. Buy it, stick around for 5-6 years and let us know. It MIGHT be fine for you.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 07:20:37 am »

Dismissing the talent and experience we have here as speculation isn't exactly fair.  As a retired marathoner I do liked the layout of the jets in the lounger, but appearances can be deceiving, though the jets don't look like the itchy ones to me, but anything else would be speculation.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:22:57 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Kev B

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 09:08:57 am »
All the equipment, pumps and jets are balboa, and not proprietary but the same found in many brand name showroom floors including Clearwater. The cover is 4 x 2 with 1.5# foam and it is not fully foamed, it has foam on the doors and walls. If there is ever a leak you have full access to all sides and can easily spot the leak. The plumbing is pretty tight and they put the motors in some tight spots but no different than other companies. The actual cabinet of the tub is built well with lighting all around. The access doors are a little flimsy (Thin) but look nice and hold up to the elements well. MP3 and stereo is included I believe which is nothing I care about in a hot tub.

Sam

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:18 pm »
Clearwater's quality has gone down hill significantly over the last couple of years.  Like really bad.

dishdude

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »
Clearwater's quality has gone down hill significantly over the last couple of years.  Like really bad.

How so?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42