What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber 720x won't shut off  (Read 10987 times)

brian79cj

Beachcomber 720x won't shut off
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:46:09 am »
Hi all, I have a 2000 beachcomber 720x with a Digital 3000 2 speed pump version spa. I have been having a couple problems with it namely a very large electric bill. I have had this tub for 14 years with only needing to replace a couple pumps and motors. It started this last summer with it overheating when it got warm outside. To the point of the display reading "OH" or over heat. I usually drain it for the summer anyhow. I filled it in the fall and it seemed to work properly with no overheating. It does heat 1 to 2 degrees warmer than what I set it at. This isn't a real problem, I just set it 2 degrees lower than I want. The real problem has been that the circ pump doesn't ever shut off. It is hard to tell if it really does run 24 hrs. Just last night I heard it shut off for about 10 minutes. The outside temp here in Ohio last night was 28 degrees. It doesn't matter if it's in economy mode or standard mode. Where do I start?
Circuit board? switches?

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber 720x won't shut off
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:46:09 am »

Kev B

Re: Beachcomber 720x won't shut off
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:43:42 am »
I think those beachcombers have the equipment outside of the cabinet in the steps right?
 We need to know if the board is set to run the circ pump 24/7 or if stand/econ works the circ pump. Also the filtration times....can you set them. f/2 f/4 f/6 f8 f/c?????  Hitting temp then jets 1 will sometimes be how you set it.
 turning off for 10 minutes then back on......does that happen a lot or just once in a while. When the temp sensor is mounted in the equipment and not the main body of water, it will call for heat much more often....especially if the equipment is outside the cabinet.

clover

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:27:23 pm »
There are 2 temperature takes that control the logic of operation.  The hi-limit that is related to the heater temperature, and the temp sensor that is reading the temp of the water, to include also the difference between the 2. 

Check, verify and confirm that both temps sensors are properly installed / connected.

I have experienced a hi-limit that had been dislodged from the stainless steel heater and was hanging in the air that was very cold, causing it to remain in self defense "freeze protection", and also allowed occasional OH signals.  The sensor was located behind the EQ and not visible, and there was no reason to imagine that it was just hanging in the cold air.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

brian79cj

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:40:43 pm »
This tub has all the equipment inside of the cabinet, not the hybrid model with it setting outside under the steps. In standard mode it is suppose to keep the temp as set all the time, only running when call for heat. It's set in standard mode now so no filter times.

Kev B

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »
 On standard it will still do filter times like economy and in between come on and off to maintain Temp.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 06:20:17 pm »
There is F2, F4, F6, F8 and so on on that tub. Not sure how to set it but maybe it is set to FC? Filter continuously?
Retired

brian79cj

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 07:45:48 pm »
I only see that there is 2 filter settings. F1 and F2 that you can set start and stop times. Am I missing something else?

Kev B

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:31:18 am »
Set it to run 4 hours on f1  and 4 on f2. Then if it is on economy it should only heat and filter on those 2 cycles, on standard it will come on and off in between those cycles just to maintain the temp.Anything other than that I am not sure without seeing it.

LeoL

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »
Is this a 3 pump system (2 x jets pumps and a dedicated circ pump?). Quick thing to check is if the temp sensor is all the way inserted. Its the grey wire that goes into the tub wall, it fits into a little "jet" looking thingy inside that tub that you can see, that can result in the over heat. Cant help much with the pump running all the time until I know if it has the Beachcomber Hush Pump (circ pump) or not.

LeoL

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 03:58:08 pm »
That tub wont have the F2, F4 etc settings, that's only on the digital 1000/2000.

brian79cj

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:53 pm »
I have it set on the standard mode and at 101 degrees. It seems to be maintaining 101 to 102 degrees. I have tried to really listen to it for the last 2 days and I have not heard it shut off at all. The heater must be shutting down or it would be overheating right? This is a new issue with the tub. Any help would be appreciated.

Kev B

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 08:55:56 am »
 Put it down to 80 and switch it to economy and see what happens for a day or so. If circ pump does not shut off ...it is either programmed to run 24/7 or it is a problem with the circuit board. If the heater was not shutting off it would overheat to115 and shut down with OH error code.

LeoL

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 12:43:07 pm »
Has this problem been fixed?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 12:43:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42