What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying a new house - owners want to sell us the hot tub - is this a good deal?  (Read 5264 times)

Kanadka

We recently bought a house. During the offer process, the hot tub was not for sale. Now that the offer has been accepted, they've decided they do want to sell it. I don't know anything about hot tubs, so I have no idea if this is a good deal or not. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here is their offer:

Our proposed price is $5,500.
We purchased the hot tub new in August 2013 from Hot Spring Spa of Kansas City.
The model is a Hot Spot Tempo: http://www.hotspringspasofkc.com/hottubs.php#tubtap::%2F%23tabs-3 and specific model numbers of what is included in the price are as follows:

H30960 HS, Tempo/Ch Opal/ESP
22245 Cover Cradle, ¨F¨
H24193 Steps, Everwood

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
The warranty is ONLY valid to the original purchaser. You buy it, it has NO warranty. For the to move it get it hooked up and running, could cost the up to $2000. I'd offer them $2000, maybe settle at $2500.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 You could probably buy a new one for few hundred more, with a warranty.  Doc's advise is sound ;)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

You could probably buy a new one for few hundred more, with a warranty.  Doc's advise is sound ;)

no you can't, not even close....with that said, its still too much for a tub with no warranty that has been "used"...3-4k imo

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member

no you can't, not even close....with that said, its still too much for a tub with no warranty that has been "used"...3-4k imo

The local HS dealer here quotes I have seen recently for that spa are 5995.00 so I suppose it's possible else where.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

The local HS dealer here quotes I have seen recently for that spa are 5995.00 so I suppose it's possible else where.

your thinking a Relay Jim, Tempo is a bigger spa..if he's selling a Tempo for $5,995 he's leaving at least $1,500 on the table, which i guess is his choice

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Yes your right.   Thanks..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member

your thinking a Relay Jim, Tempo is a bigger spa..if he's selling a Tempo for $5,995 he's leaving at least $1,500 on the table, which i guess is his choice

So if $7500 new, how much after 1.5 years? I always assume about 50% at 2 years so maybe a bit more at 1.5 years. If its confirmed to be operating 100% and looking near new which it obviously should I'd offer $3k and let them counter as we know they will. Then go as close to $4k as makes sense depending on the degree of desire for it. Is this a "what the heck, lets see what they're asking for it since its already here" situation or a "I actually really do want it" situation?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:14:57 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kanadka

We definitely want the hot tub. We just don't want to pay more than it's worth. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about hot tubs and it's hard to find prices online. Most sites want you to email them for a quote.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I agree with ST. I think I would start at 25 and be willing to go to 35. Cost him a grand to move it. Let him have it and save up for a better one  ;)
Retired

Coleman

We looked at the HS Tempo a few weeks ago the dealer price was $5600, Not sure if that is good or not.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42