What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast questions  (Read 2601 times)

Spatime

Coast questions
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »
Hi, I have done alot of reading here and have some questions about Coast.  I can see that alot of people are pretty neutral on them other than the design on the vanishing edge ;D.  I'm just wondering why they're not more popular or if there just are not alot of dealers in the U.S.  They seem to have all options of other big brands and they have larger pumps (real HP per their website and the dealer).  Im not looking for to start a bashing thread but just wondering if there are any specific pros or cons with them.  I'm in Canada and the Coast dealer i'm dealing with seems very good and follow-up service reviews are good.

Trying to decide between Coast Freedom Elite and a Sundance 780 (which seems alot more popular).  Both are the same price but the Sundance is a floor model (with water in it).  Neither dealer really seems to want to move on price stating the dropping Canadian dollar

I know pricing if difficult from place to place but can any one give me appropriate pricing on both of these in your area I would appreciate it.

I know the best thing to do is wet test and decide, but I was just looking for feedback as the wet tests are not likely an option.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Coast questions
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »

sksmoker

Re: Coast questions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:54:28 pm »
We have a Coast Freedom Elite.  Bought it in Aug 2014. So far, so good. Coast has a pile of dealers but they don't do a lot of marketing to the general public which I found very weird. They rely on their dealer network a lot more so than others. I'd be happy to answer any question you have about the Coast tub. I am in Western Canada myself.

Happy tubbing!

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 02:53:28 pm »
If it was me, I'd go with the Sundance. Can't really say anything negative about Coast other than I really didn't like the salesman I dealt with at Coast (this was at their Langley, B.C. location) and I also read a lot of negative reviews about them. Sorry, it's been a while so I can't remember where I saw those reviews.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »
The vanishing edge is pretty cool.  Their tubs are known as energy hogs. They use huge pumps but their tubs are no more therapeutic then lots of tubs out there. That tells me they are poorly designed. I don't think they are terrible tubs just not as good as a number of other options out there

Spatime

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:21:51 pm »
Sks do you mind if I ask what you paid and what if any options you added.

Hottubguy can you point me out to where  I can find those problems. Wouldnt a bigger pump moving more water be more therapeutic?  This is kinda what I was after, all I read is that they're not bad but others are better but I can't really find any common problems. 

sksmoker

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18:14 pm »
Spatime - see your pm.

Spatime

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 09:22:06 am »
Thanks SKS I appreciate the help.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:57 am »
Wet test both and you will be able to tell the difference.  Look up Coast reviews in Google quite a few pop up

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42