What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2speed or not 2speed pump is the Q:  (Read 8545 times)

stiffy

2speed or not 2speed pump is the Q:
« on: July 07, 2004, 05:12:05 pm »
is haveing a 2 speed pump something a newb sould consider?
reading posts I think I'm picking up a sense after a short time of ownership tub buyers end up toneing down jet power much more often then those first couple of weeks.
some thoughts from the experienced?????

Hot Tub Forum

2speed or not 2speed pump is the Q:
« on: July 07, 2004, 05:12:05 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: 2speed or not 2speed pump is the Q:
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 05:36:38 pm »
reading posts I think I'm picking up a sense after a short time of ownership tub buyers end up toneing down jet power much more often then those first couple of weeks.
some thoughts from the experienced?????

Yes, IMHO many jet enthusiasts become Soakers in the long term, and it is nice to have moving aerated water, hence the lower speed.  I find it much more soothing, stress relieving and quiet.   It also allows you to have an easier heard, conversation with others in the tub.

The sound of waterfalls and neck jets can become very irritating sometimes.

That is why the number of pumps, number of jets in many tubs is highly over rated, but the Manufacturers feel they must provide them to sell their products.

The majority of buyers are first timer buyers and really do not know what they want until having a longer term ownership experience.  The Wet Test alone cannot tell you everything.

Interestingly, many Spa Retailers report that a Second Time Buyer tends to not order loungers, but most first time buyers absolutely insist on them.

The KISS principle really works for hot Tubs!

Hydro Therapy (Warm water) is the PRIMARY benefit for a Spa, not jet therapy.

Regards Zz
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 05:53:41 pm by ZzTop »

stiffy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 06:03:05 pm »
Thanks for the obsevation Zz, though on the lounger I was not the least intristed though my wife was, for me it was a nice corner seat until I hit the lounger for a go and have since found its usefulness; pumps off and just maxen and relaxen.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 06:28:26 pm »
Should you consider 2 speed... yes
Is it for you... that depends on what you want.

For me, hard jet therapy for a short period is great and low speed prolonged therapy is even better. Soaking in a seat with some low speed jets on across the tub to create some water movement is bliss. And for the ultimate in the low speed experience --> the Marquis Euphoria whirlpool. Wow!

Another thing to keep in mind regarding 2 speed pumps is that the low speed is often there for filtering, particularly on tubs without a circ pump.
e

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 08:09:48 pm »
Thanks for the obsevation Zz, though on the lounger I was not the least intristed though my wife was, for me it was a nice corner seat until I hit the lounger for a go and have since found its usefulness; pumps off and just maxen and relaxen.

Stiffhd2toe

Just for the Record I have a lounger too and enjoy it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 08:19:36 pm »

Havung choices is usually a good thing.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 09:30:28 pm »

lounger RULESSSSSSSS
Its the captains seat.Johnny Thunders

OnMedic

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 10:42:41 pm »
I am fairly new to tubbin', but have noticed the versatility of the two dual speed pumps. A great asset and I would not buy without! We get in and start with a relaxing soak, then kick in low speed for a bit, followed by high speed. When our muscles are feeling nice and relaxed, we go back to low speed for a while and finish with a soak. oHHHHH so relaxing!

OnMedic

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 12:56:21 am »
yeah, exactly, that's why I have a bath tub for soaking, and a hot tub for hudro massage benefits. If you cannot comfortably sit in front of the jets on full for 20-30 minutes, then you've got the wrong tub. If all you want to do is soak in hot water, fill up your bath tub.

Havung choices is usually a good thing.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

stiffy

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 05:46:02 pm »
Once again you all are great, many thanks.
The little lady and I beleave we have settled on the caldera paradise Tahitian. The tub is single speed 2 pumps, (air blower I could live without; oh well)
yes I understand I will have to do some jet turn off and diverter tweeking but the tub fits our price range.
the rise in the foot well to keep you in the coners is a great, simple thingy.
The dealer is great and is everything this forum says they should be.
One thing though is I did not hear from someone with a single speed pump for a comparison.
anyone ,anyone

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 05:51:46 pm »
...One thing though is I did not hear from someone with a single speed pump for a comparison.
anyone ,anyone
You can't miss what you have never had...
Perhaps a better query would be someone who had a 2 speed tub and chose to purchase a single speed the next time around?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 05:52:29 pm by empolgation »
e

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 05:58:51 pm »
I am fairly new to tubbin', but have noticed the versatility of the two dual speed pumps. A great asset and I would not buy without! We get in and start with a relaxing soak, then kick in low speed for a bit, followed by high speed. When our muscles are feeling nice and relaxed, we go back to low speed for a while and finish with a soak. oHHHHH so relaxing!

OnMedic

I agree completely, which is why I started a thread awhile back on home many two speed pumps most tubs had.  It was common in many 2 pump models I looked at, to have one single speed and one dual speed pump. My inquiry prompted owners of several different models to tell me they had 2 or maybe 3 dual speed pumps.  This is one subject I didn't think to consider in the research phase of my purchase.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 06:03:50 pm »
. If you cannot comfortably sit in front of the jets on full for 20-30 minutes, then you've got the wrong tub. If all you want to do is soak in hot water, fill up your bath tub.

I disagree and think that answer is too simplistic, but heck it can still be true for you.   8)

A. Bathtubs cool down fast requiring more heat to be added.

B. I can't socalize and get caught up with my 20 year old daughter in the bathtub.  I love my strong powerful therapy spa, but I also enjoy the calm group soaks.

C. If I go for maximum massage, closing down most jets and throwing the dirverter to one side I get great relief on my upper thighs which suffer from restless leg syndrome.  I probably can't take it for 30 minutes, but 10 minutes of that provides me with relief superior to anything else I have tried.   In no way to I have the wrong tub.

stiffy

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 06:14:43 pm »
wmccall:I can relate to B. and feel the same way about C:!!
If and when I go to a massues it is always the sport massage, not that soft touchy feely rub down.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 07:10:38 am »
I have one one-speed pump on my spa!  It is great, for me!!!

My husband would rather soak.  Not me, I love the jets beating my neck and shoulders!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 07:10:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42