What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Heater Runs and Quits  (Read 2353 times)

Cayman

Heater Runs and Quits
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:33:33 pm »
Hi,

I have a Sundance tub that's having a heater issue.  A week ago I went to use the tub and it was below temp with an FL1 error. I didn't hear the circulation pump running either (it hummed pretty loud.)  I found the circ pump was not running but was very warm to the touch which made me think it was frozen up and current was still running to it.   I replaced the pump knowing that needed to be done and the loss of pressure likely was causing the heater manifold switch to shut the heater down.  The new pump runs great and doesn't make a sound which told me how much the previous was showing its age.

Unfortunately I'm still having an issue.  When I turn the tub on it has an FL1 error briefly then goes away.  The tub starts its normal pump cycle and the heat indicator comes on.  After the pumps shut off the heater remains on but only for about 20-30min.  The tub only reaches low 90's while set for 102.  The circ pump still seems to run fine with no flow errors...the heater just shuts itself off.  Any pointers of where to turn are appreciated.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Heater Runs and Quits
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:33:33 pm »

Cayman

Re: Heater Runs and Quits
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:38:37 am »
I just also noticed the tub came on and ran a cycle...while doing so the heat indicator came on.  However it shut off once the cycle was done leaving the water in the low 90's while set for 102.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:54:43 am »
 Sounds like it's in economy mode.   If it's the red led topside press and hold the + and - btns at the same time for a few seconds.  An F series should show up. F1, F2 or F3 ect.    It shouldn't be above F3  Set it for F1 or F2  hope that works for you!    If not, it might be a bad heater.  But it doesn't sound like it.

Cayman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:49:32 am »
I checked the F setting and it was on F4.  Turned it down and the heater popped right on.  Thanks so much for the simple fix Jim.  Saved me a lot of worry since I wasn't too thrilled to have problems after dropping $175 on the circ pump.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »
  Your welcome!   ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42