What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cd,ozo and heater element ???? for caldera  (Read 5511 times)

stiffy

Cd,ozo and heater element ???? for caldera
« on: July 06, 2004, 06:27:29 pm »

Q: are the CDs really made to be able to be cleaned to extend its running life?  

Q:am intristed in the caldera paradise tub, I was informed that the tubs heater elemnet is a titanium iron blend ????

Was wondering if someone can clarify this for me.

Hot Tub Forum

Cd,ozo and heater element ???? for caldera
« on: July 06, 2004, 06:27:29 pm »

poolboy34

Re: Cd,ozo and heater element ???? for caldera
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 11:47:32 pm »
the heater is made out of ainkoloy(spelling??)  which is the best heater on the market.  Dimension one has been using them for years, and after watkins tried unsuccessfully to make their own heater they turned to Lang to make the heaters for their hot sdpring and newly acquired Caldera Lines.  The heate has an Unconditional 5 year warranty on it.  Which basically means it covers any malfunction due to water chemistry.  We've only had one go bad out of approx 1000 units in the field over the past 5 years, that's a pretty good ratio.  the failure rate of the heater according to the manufacturer is less then 1%, where as the industry standard for heater failure rates is around 33%.

To answer your second question.  Whether you go with a CD Ozone or a UV ozone you will eventually have to replace it.   they are both good ways to reduce the amount of sanitizer (chlorine or Bromine) you have to use in your spa.  Yes you have to clean them to keep them functioning properly.  Hope this helps.  Caldera makes an excelent product.  Which model are you considering?  

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 12:06:16 am »
generally only the outside of the heating element, called the sheath is made from an inert metal.

the proper name for the metal used on most heating elelments is Incolloy, which is very resistant to corrosion. It is a mixture of iron, chrome, nickel, moly and a few other things that would not be of much interest.

I have heard that some heater are made from titanium. Titanium, aside from making a good golf club would probably make a good heating element, but the inside is likely to be a more common metal.

stiffy

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 04:18:43 pm »
Thanks you, both of you for the info!!!!!

Poolboy34, We beleave that we have narrowed down the seach to the paradise, tahitian tub. we really like the raised center peace in the foot well to help keep you in the seat and the many control valves for air flow to jets, the only draw back I could find in the tub was the lack of a 2 speed pump. my wife though loves the tub.
I was going to post a review of our wetest but the first two brought on little response, on the first and none on the second.
altough we are newbs and never owned a tub.
once again the info on the heater makes me very happy big thanks.
but what does it take to clean a CD ozonator?

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 12:11:48 am »
I've honestly never cleaned a cd ozonator before.  From what I've been told it's not too difficult, however I'm not familiar with the process.  the Tahatian Paradise is a nice spa.  the utopia series model has one 2-speed and one single speed pump on it.    The paradise is an excelent value for what you are getting.  there certainly are lots of tubs on the market similar to it as well.  If you have questions, just ask.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 12:39:37 am »
Oh my goodness, where do you get these numbers from. I've been in this business for over 12 years, and the last 4.5 of them owning my own spa store. I can tell you this, .5 thats point five, of my customers have heater failures. We deal with nasty well water, soft city water, and everything in between. Where do you get your 3 out of ten figure from?

the industry standard for heater failure rates is around 33%.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

mjhilb

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 10:24:01 am »
We had the Tahitian Paradise high on our list of tubs. I wet tested the Tahitian and loved the way it felt. I also tested the Geneva Paradise and felt the tahitian was more comfortable with a little more power. In the end, we ended up going with the Sundance Optima. I wasnt really impressed with my Caldera dealer.  

As far as pricing, I would have been able to purchase the Tahitian for 6200 less a 500 off special they were running. Im not sure if this was thru caldera or not. Overall $5700 for this spa is a good price. Hope this info helps you in your search

stiffy

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 06:01:57 pm »
WEll," THANKS" ONE AND ALL u are great and helpful!!!
I feel more confident now that I know what an incolloy heater element is.
though I guess when I finally purchase THE tub will have to get the dealer to show me how to clean a CD ozo.
mjhilb; the dealer is everything this forum says they should be. but the price here is 6400, no rebate will see if I can get some extras though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 06:01:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42