What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maxxus Installation Complete  (Read 4476 times)

Electro

Maxxus Installation Complete
« on: July 05, 2004, 05:57:51 am »
Hi Everyone             :) ;) :D ;D 8) :-*

The Maxxus installation was completed on Friday July 2, 2004.  Having this tub on our 2nd floor deck just off the great room is wonderful.  There is a sense of well-being after even short uses that lasts several hours.  I was surprised that it took so long to heat the water up.  The rate of heating is about 3 or 4 degrees per hour, which is normal according to the dealer, and smaller tubs heat at 5 to 7 degrees per hour.

A couple questions:

1. Why does the supposed "24/7 circulation system" cycle off peridically - it seems to be off as much as on?

2. Why does the Sundance ozone system cycle off sometimes, even when the circulation system is running?

Electro

Hot Tub Forum

Maxxus Installation Complete
« on: July 05, 2004, 05:57:51 am »

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: Sundance circ pump/ozonator questions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 11:16:12 am »
Interesting...
Sorry, I'm not too familiar with Sundance tubs but something is definitely not right. Either that system is in need of repair or it doesn't work as advertised. Seems like immediate questions for Sundance.

Let us know how things get resolved.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 12:10:27 pm by empolgation »
e

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Maxxus Installation Complete
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 11:57:58 am »
2. Why does the Sundance ozone system cycle off sometimes, even when the circulation system is running?

Electro

Just curious, how do you know?

Looks like a great roomy tub.  As for the sense of well being after soaking does tend to fade after awhile. Actually, that probably isn't correct,  you dont' get as stressed having the tub as you did in the months before so the effect becomes less noticable.  Have you tried a soak before going to work yet?   Oh, at 600 gallons, your time to heat up doesn't seem to out of line.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Electro

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 02:57:48 pm »
Thanks for the responses.             :):D :)

empolgation,
It seems to me that there may be reasonable explanations for why the circulation and ozone systems cycle off.

Aren't there some Sundance dealers and technicians who review this site who know?

wmccall,
With the front panel removed, I could easily tell whether the circulation pump was working, by hearing and feeling it operate.  Now that I know what to listen for, I can tell whether it's operating with the front panel in place.   Also, the SunZone ozone unit makes a unique sound (a repetitive high voltage discharge at about 300 times per second) that is obvious with the front panel removed ( I cannot hear it with the panel in place), and there is a tube that provides its source of air for high voltage conversion of the oxygen to ozone.  The primary source of the ozone sound is the end of this tube, when it's on.  And, the LCD control display has a symbol that comes on when the ozone is operating.  So, that is easy to detect.  The heater unit on the circulation system also has a symbol on the LCD control display that indicates when the heat is on.  The heater is silent, but can be detected in the hot tub, as the water comes out of the circulation jet at a hotter temperature than the ambient water.

SUNDANCE FOLKS - Dealers & Technicians:
I was surprised that the circulation system cycles off and that the ozone also cycles off, even when the circulation system is working.  Note that the circulation system is set to run 24/7 by a special program.  Why is this happening?

Electro

empolgation

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 03:13:38 pm »
Electro, it's my understanding that circ pumps are expected to be working 24/7 and be introducing ozone 24/7 (perhaps with the exception of jet pump use).

You might want to contact SpaTech t.u.o. directly. He seemed to be very familiar with 24/7 circ pumps and how they work with ozonation as indicated by his posts in the "Circulation Pump - are they truly a cost saver " thread.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 03:16:15 pm by empolgation »
e

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 03:42:45 pm »
It is my understanding that 24 hr. circ pumps may be cycled down by the controller if the water temp rises over a set limit above the temperature setting for the tub.  These conditions would occur in the summer when overheating from higher ambient temps may be problematic.  Check your owner's manual for more info....I saw this in the Master Spa owner's manual just today.  Good luck.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 03:57:10 pm »
The heater will cycle on and off as it needs to, but the circulation pump should run 24/7 unless someone changed the cycle time.  If I recall, it is adjustable, but should come pre-set from the factory for 24/7.  
I think this is spelled out in the owners manual.

Try reprogramming it and see if that helps.  My tub doesnt' have ozone, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 08:56:25 pm »
The circ pump is totally programable to operate as much or as little as you like.  Make sure you are in standard mode and not economy mode.  In economy mode, the circ pump will only come on when heat is called for.  There is also a summer protect mode (automatic) where the circ pump will shut down if the water temp is two degrees or more above the set temp.

The ozone system should shut off if any of the pumps are turned on by a user.

Also, if the spa loses power, when it turns back on it will act as if in economy mode until program start time (midnight from the factory, but again changable).  

Electro

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 11:03:31 pm »
 :) :D ;D :-* :) :D ;D :-* :) :D ;D 8) :-*

I've been doing some more detailed checking to see when the heat, circulation system, and ozone goes off.

It appears that all go off with any turn on of the 3 main pumps, even pump 1 on low.  And, it stays off for 15 to 20 minutes.  I had not expected this.  With all main pumps off for at least 15-20 minutes, the circulation system and heat and ozone come back on, with the circulation system coming back on first by at least several minutes.  This seems like strange programming
to me, but it does appear to be "normal".

Electro

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 12:51:40 am »
It's normal because ozone is a toxic gas that you should not breathe, so all manufacturers have this feature built in to their spas, that if any button is activated by a human, it automaticly disables the ozone unit so that no ozone will be released into the tub when humans are present.

:) :D ;D :-* :) :D ;D :-* :) :D ;D 8) :-*

I've been doing some more detailed checking to see when the heat, circulation system, and ozone goes off.

It appears that all go off with any turn on of the 3 main pumps, even pump 1 on low.  And, it stays off for 15 to 20 minutes.  I had not expected this.  With all main pumps off for at least 15-20 minutes, the circulation system and heat and ozone come back on, with the circulation system coming back on first by at least several minutes.  This seems like strange programming
to me, but it does appear to be "normal".

Electro

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 07:43:10 am »
But if you just soak with no pumps on, then the ozone system comes on!  

empolgation

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 10:44:33 am »
... a new definition for "24/7"
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 10:44:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42