What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub causing me lung problems, I think  (Read 36283 times)

Rolacoy

Re: Hot tub causing me lung problems, I think
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »
Here I am back. We quit using our tub all summer, I used it couple of times this fall. I decided to sell it, but I am getting second thoughts. My wife just won't use it, I think it's too much trouble for her. The last time I used it I went to sleep tow or three times in 20 minutes. We do use those blowup neck pillows to keep our head up. I get bored in it by myself. I just refilled it to show the clean bubbly water, but I want to get back into it and use it some more. I am working on the chemical balance, The TA is real high.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »

clover

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:30 pm »
In spite of your decision to sell it, you may as well use it while you are waiting for your buyer. 

The couple of times you did use it, you seem to have relaxed = mission accomplished. 

Now let's get the water "right" again and see how it goes.

Lower your alkalinity, confirm the pH and Alk readings to be where they belong, then use it. 

Follow up after use to monitor readings and observe any changes, adjust accordingly
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Rolacoy

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2015, 01:13:06 am »
I stated that I had just refilled our hot tub, actually I think I must have filled it on the 7th today is the 10th. Before we stopped using it in late spring I had the water in good shape. I used the Frog and it seemed to be working good. This last filling took some time to come up to temp and I was busy doing other things. I tested the water about noon today. The PH and TA were well above thee colors on the test strip. I don't have anything to bring the TA down, but I have been adding about 1/2 lid of PH-Down and I think the PH and TA has started to come down. I am trying to take it slow. I put in about 1/2 lid of Bromine and that was too much, but it is down to 3, with these test strips ,5 - 1 is normal. Thee TA is 240 and PH is still 8.4. I a sealed container of our tap water in the hot tub and tested it, bromine was 0, TA was 240+ and the PH was 8.4+.

clover

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2015, 11:14:01 am »
Use pH reducer to bring the alkalinity down, as well as lower the pH.  Bring the numbers into the OK range, use and enjoy, while testing your water every other day to monitor it to stay in the correct range.

Let us know how it goes for you.

red2play

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2015, 01:38:20 pm »
Opening the garage for ventilation is an option.

As far as the "Exact" composition of the water I will have to take a sample to our nearest Spa place, and I will do so, but it's 40 miles. I will take a sample the next time we go that way and report back with the numbers.
Boom, problem solved.  No proper ventilation.  If you put it in your garage, you have to have a ventilation system in place.  I put mine in an enclosed area in the back yard.  IF you do put it in a garage, it 100% must be ventilated.  Also, your going to need something to stop the spa from ruining the paint, walls, etc from the steam and all.

Rolacoy

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2015, 11:34:14 am »
I added 2 lids full of PH-down last night. This morning the TA was down to about 180, I added a half lid this morning and will test later. I must have added 5 lids of PH-down to get the water down to 180. Is our water that hard?

clover

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 11:43:19 am »
All water must be considered as different, and thus the reason of on site testing to identify conditions, especially when things change.  Be patient and follow the test results and adjust accordingly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 11:43:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42