What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie question related to weekly filter cleaning  (Read 3401 times)

watson524

Newbie question related to weekly filter cleaning
« on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
Hi all,

We've had our new hot tub up and running for a few weeks now and I have a question on when I take out the filters for the weekly rinse down (haven't gotten to the one month cleaning yet). We have a Jacuzzi J-385. Two filters in it. When I unscrew them and pull them out, we get some "crud" that floats out of the bottom and into the tub. It gets cleaned up and goes away when the filters go back in and it runs through the circulation cycle so we don't notice it in the tub say the next day but am I doing something wrong when I pull them out? Is there a way not to have this go in the tub? I don't know if it's the same particles 2 weeks in a row (did the 2nd cleaning today) or if it's new stuff. I almost think it's the same stuff since we don't drag anything like this into the tub but I don't know a good way to get it out.

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie question related to weekly filter cleaning
« on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »

Kev B

Re: Newbie question related to weekly filter cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 09:16:42 pm »
 Make sure breaker is off...get e 10 or 15 foot hose and start a siphon and use it to suck the debri out of the filter tank.

watson524

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:06:34 pm »
If I turn the breaker off, it resets when the 8 hour circulation cycle starts and since we have free electricity from 7 - 11pm, I need to keep it there. It starts based on 2 minutes after the tub gets power. And when you say the filter tank, you mean just down inside the filter itself?

watson524

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:22:21 pm »
Or are you thinking it might be a one time event since it doesn't look like something that would be getting in the tub every week? If so, then a reset once would be ok.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:58:26 pm »
Use your shop vac to suck it out.
Retired

richierich

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:31:56 pm »
I use a short hose to siphon out the stuff from the filter area after I remove the filter. I have a Sundance Optima.

watson524

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:07:35 pm »
Might try the shop vac option. If I take the filters out, I don't have a change to get anything in there before the stuff is all over the place.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:07:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42