What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub cover not fitting properly  (Read 4893 times)

blue_eyes777

hot tub cover not fitting properly
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:26:03 am »
Dear all - a big hello and happy new year to you all!
I just purchased a new cover for my 11 year old Aegean LPS 200. (I am based in the UK).
It doesn't appear to fit properly - it is loose fitting around one end - and not as tightly fitting as my old cover.
Also, when the jest are  on, water vapours/steam/hot air can be seen to be escaping from the middle. Is this normal?
I have attached some pics(Edit - I can't seem to attach images - can anybody advise me how to? ) and would be grateful if anybody could advise me whether I should press the supplier for another one. They sent me one on the basis of their own dimensions and have ignored all my emails.
Thank you,
Daniel

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub cover not fitting properly
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:26:03 am »

Kev B

Re: hot tub cover not fitting properly
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:03:15 am »
 I sell lots of covers and always make sure the customer signs off on what I do first. Sorry, but you may need to get a new one unless you go ballistic on these guys.

blue_eyes777

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
thank you.
I intend to sue them.
Can anybody confirm that vapours/hot air escaping from under the tub cover during filtration is normal or abnormal? Does this indicate that the tub does not fit properly?
how can I upload photos please?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:27:45 pm »
Did you buy it online?  Air shouldn't be escaping. Were they your measurements?

Quickbeam

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 08:11:39 pm »
Am I missing something here? Why would you have the jets on with the cover in place?

blue_eyes777

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 08:24:33 pm »
the jets come on during the filtration cycle. The measurements were not my own as I told the supplier what my tub was  and he emailed me the measurements which I inputted into the order form. They specified on the site that they supplied covers for my hot tub anyway. I have the email thread too :)
What I am trying to find out her from you guys if you think the cover fits properly according to my description as a badly fitting cover offers very little insulation.
How can I upload photos to this site to show you?

Quickbeam

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »
O.K., thanks, that makes sense.

Sorry, I can't help you with your other questions.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 10:19:14 pm »
What exactly do you mean by, "badly fitting"? A cover that is a bit too large, typically isn't a problem. A cover that's too small, is.

As far as, "vapours/hot air escaping from under the tub cover during filtration", this can be normal if ANYTHING, such as air from an open air dial, or ozone being injected into the spa, is happening (anything that goes in, must come out...or the entire spa will blow up like a balloon, and POP).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:27:12 pm »
Just offering a relatively inexpensive solution here....I use a spa blanket and have since I purchased my tub. I believe it adds extra insulation and helps to protect your cover from chemical damage. I think that it might help your cover seal better and probably solve the issue that you are seeing. I will say that even without the spa blanket, I have no hot air escaping when the cover is locked down. Hope this helps :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:27:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42