What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SEQUOIA SPA EL 80  (Read 5469 times)

KATALACK

SEQUOIA SPA EL 80
« on: July 06, 2004, 04:55:17 pm »
I JUST PURCHASED A USED 1998 EL 80 SEQUUOIA SPA. I HAVE IT SET UP ON A FOUNDATION OUTSIDE. THE GUY I HIRED TO HOOK IT UP SAYS I NEED A GROUND FAULT RELAY BOX{$169.00}. I THOUGHT THE FAULT RELAY WAS ALREADY IN THE BOX.  ??? ANY INFO YOU COULD GIVE ME WOULD BE HELPFUL. I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE GETTING SCEWED. THANKS!

Hot Tub Forum

SEQUOIA SPA EL 80
« on: July 06, 2004, 04:55:17 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Ie: SEQUOIA SPA EL 80
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 03:50:17 pm »
Looks like a found the answer I put to you on your other post, about the brand of spa you have.
If this spa has GFI protection built in then you don't need to have a GFI panel installed.  
Just be sure that this is the case.  If you don't know how to find this out for yourself, then trust the electrician you hired, and be sure your city or whoever enforces the electical code in your area inspects the hookup.  
Brewman

PS
In the future, please turn off your cap lock key when you post.  Posting in all caps makes your posts harder to read, and is considered rude by some.  

« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 03:50:33 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

KATALACK

Re: SEQUOIA SPA EL 80
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 06:46:32 pm »
Thank-you for the information and also about the caps lock.  I'm not a very good typer and also new to the computer so sorry if I offended any one. My electrician is suppose to come over today to get me hooked up....I'm so excited I can hardly wait to try it out. Thanks again!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 07:26:36 pm »
Enjoy.  No harm, no foul on the caps thing.  Sorry if I came off a little terse.
Brewman
Brewman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 08:47:37 pm »
The GFCI needs to protect the ENTIRE spa. There have been some spas in the past where a built in GFCI only protects a small part of it. In this case, an external GFCI would be required.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 08:47:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42