What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Half draining tub instead of full?  (Read 1872 times)

hanexs

Half draining tub instead of full?
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:08 pm »
Hey all, 

I live in Canada and our winters can be quite punishing.   Also a couple times now when I've drained my tub I've gone through the annoyance of having to bleed the pump lines and in the winter that's just more frustrating....

So what I do is drain the tub halfway, but more often.   So about once a month I throw a water pump in there and pump half out onto the snow in the back yard.  Does anyone see a problem with this?   Is there any reason why a full drain is better? 

Hot Tub Forum

Half draining tub instead of full?
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:08 pm »

Sam

Re: Half draining tub instead of full?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:32:45 pm »
Hey all, 

I live in Canada and our winters can be quite punishing.   Also a couple times now when I've drained my tub I've gone through the annoyance of having to bleed the pump lines and in the winter that's just more frustrating....

So what I do is drain the tub halfway, but more often.   So about once a month I throw a water pump in there and pump half out onto the snow in the back yard.  Does anyone see a problem with this?   Is there any reason why a full drain is better?

This is certainly a viable alternative in your climate for wintertime.  I would time it so you can do a full drain and refill as late in the season as possible, then as early in the spring.  During the winter, a partial is better than nothing. 

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Half draining tub instead of full?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:32:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42