What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: H2O versus Beachcomber Hot tub  (Read 3859 times)

hot tub afficianado

H2O versus Beachcomber Hot tub
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »
I am trying to decide between these two brands and wondering if anyone has any opinions.  Also Beachcomber says that their's is the most energy efficient to run. 

Hot Tub Forum

H2O versus Beachcomber Hot tub
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: H2O versus Beachcomber Hot tub
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:22:55 pm »
I am trying to decide between these two brands and wondering if anyone has any opinions.  Also Beachcomber says that their's is the most energy efficient to run.

Everybody says that  ;)  I don't know much about H20 but Beachcomber does build a decent spa.  Don't buy into the hybrid crap if they are still pushing it.  And I do like the circulating pump as an option.

hot tub afficianado

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 12:13:36 am »
They are pushing the hybrid crap.  However more importantly they are saying that they are better built and cost less to run because of their sealed system and insulation including the bottom.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 06:46:21 am »
Beach has a long standing reputation for quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They have a store in my area and the brands that don't last and are energy pigs have all gone away.
Retired

hot tub afficianado

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 12:23:15 pm »
So made a decision yesterday and we have gone with the Beachcomber.  Should be delivered and installed for Christmas. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 06:44:24 pm »
Welcome to a quiet soak under the stars hopefully in a secluded place.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:05:38 am »
So made a decision yesterday and we have gone with the Beachcomber.  Should be delivered and installed for Christmas. :)

Beachcomber is a brand that has been around awhile, but never in my area, so I've never seen one. I hope you will come back and let us know how it goes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Waterlogger

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 07:03:56 pm »
Beach Comber makes a good tub, but they make a lot of false claims, number 1 being about the energy efficiency. Most brands use urethane spray foam insulation and most brands use balboa like beachcomber does...So what it is that makes them so much more efficient?
They have a good marketing department   ::)

I work at a pool and spa store...we get a lot of old tubs with leaks that need to be fixed, which means cutting and digging out spray foam. I like the ones with thermal blankets, roxul and rigid insulation, much nicer(and cheaper) to work on.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 02:33:31 pm »
I got in the hot tub at the gym yesterday, a big fat bird got in so I got out and went in the steam room.

Odd first post

hot tub afficianado

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »
Thanks to everyone who posted.  I will let you know how much I am enjoying the new tub once we get it.  Working on getting quotes for privacy walls around it :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42