What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Got the Optima... Now the questions...  (Read 5321 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Got the Optima... Now the questions...
« on: July 05, 2004, 03:12:33 pm »
[glb]Done Deal!!![/glb]

So... after a long debate and several wet tests we finally did the deal and ordered a Sundance Optima today.  Deal included CD Ozone, Cover Lifter (SunLift with gas shocks and 4" clearance), LED Light, Steps, Chemical Kit, and Delivery.  Gray cabinet and cover with Onyx interior.

So.. here's my questions to other Sundance owners:

1.  The Sundance comes with a built in brominator for bromine tablets.  Is this all that it can be used for?  Or can you use it for other chemicals?  We haven't had the 'Chem Class' yet with dealer so I'm not sure what type of chemicals we'll be using.  

What is everyone else using for Chemicals on their Sundance???

2. Is there somewhere online where you can buy Sundance supplies cheaper than a dealer?  Other than chemicals the MicroClean filter cartridge will need to be replaced every 3 months or so and I suspect we'll use the Aromatherapy a lot too.  Can any Aromathapy work with the Sundance or do you need to buy the offical SunScents?

3. What about things like the Spa Vac or MicroVac that are in the Options guide?  Does anyone use these and are they necessary?

Thanks to anyone with advice or other options...

Now to the waiting.   Looking at 6 weeks or so.  

Ken and Jodi
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 04:36:59 pm by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Got the Optima... Now the questions...
« on: July 05, 2004, 03:12:33 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Got the Optima... Now the questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 05:54:42 pm »
In response to you questions.

1.  We use what our dealer carries which is the Balance pack. He provides us with wter testing and which product to use in which amount. He is the closest  to us and I can always walk in and get advice.

2.  I think that i will stay with my dealer rather than going on-line to buy. As a follow-up to the first question's answer, we have developed a good relatioship with our dealer. I can't tell you how many times I have walked in there and walked out with a container of some chemical or other free. All to keep little ol' me happy. In the end they got a curtomer for life.

3.  Haven't bought either or yet but no doubt will need to consider it at some point in time, so look forward to seeing some of the other responses.

naperguy12

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:28:47 pm »
1. Grab a Nature 2 cartridge and a little chlorine, and your done.  Forget the bromine.  The Sundance version of Nature 2  is Sun Purity which fits right in the brominator.

2.  Forget the "aromatherapy".  IT DOESN"T WORK.  You may vaguely smell those beads for a minute or 2, but thats it.  Get a good quality liquid scent and use it sparingly.  Trust me on this one, if you don't believe me, have the dealer put a bag of beads in and turn the jets on, you won't smell anything.

I have the Sundance Cameo.  Very happy so far (about 3 years now).  Good luck, and don't forget, K.I.S.S.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 08:43:26 pm »
The brominator is not really good for bromine, but it works great for the SunPurity cartridge, which is what I use with dichlor.  You can use other bead bags for the blower, but I have not.  Most of the scents are worthless, but there are a couple that are very good and long lasting.  The best I have found is the lavender.  I've never used a vac.  Don't think you really need one, unless you are prone to getting a lot of sand in your spa.  A small siphon will work just as well.

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 12:04:47 pm »
I've had my Sundance Altimar for over a month now and I love it!  :D

1. I have been using the Brilliance bromine system. (which was recommended by my dealer) I was originally interested in using the Nature 2 system (Sundance's SunPurity) after all the comments I was reading on this board as I have very sensitive skin, but my dealer said I should try the Brilliance first and if I wasn't happy with it I could try the Nature 2 ( He even gave me both in my start up chem kit.)  It took me 2 weeks to really get it balanced correctly where I didn't feel I needed to rinse off right away. So far the water has been crystel clear and my skin feels great.  I use the Brilliance system test strips as well and they're easy for a "novice" like me to read. I keep a written log too to help me remember what the reading are and what chemicals I add etc.
One Note:  I haven't had a lot of people in the spa - just myself really and an occasional friend ;)

2. I've just purchased my chemicals through my dealer.  I have noticed eBay does have some good prices, but while I'm still learning I'll stick to the dealer...I've been using the Lavendar aromatherapy beads from Sundance that I got in my start-up kit.  I agree with the others that the aromatherapy scent is not that stong - it really dissapates quickly! :( I'll probably try other beads...

3.  I don't have a vac but I did get a little "Grit Getter" which works on the turkey baster principle to suck up small particles.  My tub is under a covered patio and away from trees so it doesn't get a lot of debris in it.  I can see a vac might be helpful if you have a lot of people coming in and out or you have trees overhead...

Good luck - you are going to love your tub! Sundance Rocks!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 12:09:24 pm »
A small tray of water to step thru on your way into the spa will help cut down on the grit.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 12:09:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42