What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Smart Top Covers from Leisure Concepts....  (Read 20517 times)

Leisure Concepts

Re: Smart Top Covers from Leisure Concepts....
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »
Skirt on the Smartop is optional.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »
I think they look eloquent. If the color match is good, like the picture. How many colors?
Retired

Leisure Concepts

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 03:32:42 pm »
Smartop is available in 7 different colors

morosco

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »
Does anyone know if the spa cabinet (skirt) is included in the approximately $1500 price tag? Most of the new cabinets are approximately $700 + $400 for a new cover = $1100. If the Smart Top includes the skirt its really not that expensive. If it doesnt, its extremely expensive.

whirly

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 03:15:53 am »
We sell this cover but the customer was not happy. The Smartop could not even bear the weight of the rain. He battered more and more. Leisure Concepts exchanged for material defects the Smartop. I hope very much that the customer no longer has problems.

whirly

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 04:51:08 pm »
Just I have a big problem with the "new" smartop! After 3 days with rain my customer has the same problems and he is very unhappy and angry.
I sell many prducts from Leisure Concepts in Germany, but I think this SMARTOP is a very bad business and I will not longer offer it!

jwestonak

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 01:15:29 pm »
I purchased a smart top cover and paid a great amount for shipping to Alaska.  It appears to be a great design that should never get water inside and become heavy.  It's not.  The cover is very heavy to begin with and has become too heavy for my wife or children to open from rain water and water from the tub.  Unfortunately, the design holds the extremely heavy top above bathers and will slam closed in the slightest breeze.  A single lock open handle on one corner is no match for several hundred pounds of sail in any breeze. We've only been able to use the first half of our hot tub for 5 months.  It also doesn't seal well and we are continually adding water.  This has nothing to do with fit or installation.  Leisure Concepts wants me to install different hardware and drill drain holes in the cover. If there is "no way for water to saturate the cover", then why does it need drain holes?  They will not accept a return or refund.  I am out $1,600 plus the cost of another conventional style cover.
This has been a time consuming and expensive disaster.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 07:06:01 pm »
There's a thread on this forum where I said these would look real nice on an indoor hot tub. They would look nice on an outdoor tub also...............but
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »
I purchased a smart top cover and paid a great amount for shipping to Alaska.  It appears to be a great design that should never get water inside and become heavy.  It's not. The cover is very heavy to begin with and has become too heavy for my wife or children to open from rain water and water from the tub. Unfortunately, the design holds the extremely heavy top above bathers and will slam closed in the slightest breeze.  A single lock open handle on one corner is no match for several hundred pounds of sail in any breeze. We've only been able to use the first half of our hot tub for 5 months.  It also doesn't seal well and we are continually adding water.  This has nothing to do with fit or installation.  Leisure Concepts wants me to install different hardware and drill drain holes in the cover. If there is "no way for water to saturate the cover", then why does it need drain holes?  They will not accept a return or refund.  I am out $1,600 plus the cost of another conventional style cover.
This has been a time consuming and expensive disaster.

just like I stated on Page 1....see the bolded above...way too heavy in my honest opinion, doesn't make it a bad product I just think it needs some "tweaking" and it will be fine

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42