What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sweetwater Bahia vs Sundance Optima  (Read 12791 times)

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sweetwater Bahia vs Sundance Optima
« on: June 24, 2004, 06:20:09 pm »
if both tubs are filled with water and heated at the same temperature and you can wet test them side by side...  what differences will you definitely notice?   What is the price difference between the two and is the higher price for the Optima worth it?   The main thing that I like about the Sundance is the pearlescent finishes that arent available on the Sweetwater...   the stainless steel rings around the jets look nice in the Sundance brochure but what difference do they make as far as function when you are in the tub...  

What's the best price quoted on the Bahia versus the best price quoted on the Optima?

Hot Tub Forum

Sweetwater Bahia vs Sundance Optima
« on: June 24, 2004, 06:20:09 pm »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: Sweetwater Bahia vs Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 08:46:29 pm »
Our Sundance dealer had quoted us 7700 for the optima without ozone or a cover lifter.  He said that he could get us into a bahia for under 6000...  Told him I wasn't interested so I don't know the exact price.

I think the big differences between the two are the jets and the filtration.  The optima has some pretty cool jets and that's one of the reasons we like it.  They have jets that move the water with no moving parts.  The optima also has an air blower with air jets that I dont' think the bahia has.  I didn't look real close between the two because I think the optima just looks like it's a better tub when you see them.  It looks like it's better quality and the bahia looks more entry level.  I could be way off though...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:19:10 pm »
Screw Sweetwater go look at the Jacuzzi Brands.Johnny Thunders :o

twok99

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 10:02:02 pm »
Yup, I agree.  Looked at both Sundance and Sweetwater, ended up with a Jacuzzi Premuim.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 03:58:46 am »
The new Jacuzzi J-365 is essentially the Optima but at a lower cost. It's got all the same electronics as the Optima. It holds about 18% more water than the Bahia. The Optima holds about 18% more than the 365. The Bahia is available for around $5500. The 365 is around $6,200. The Optima is...What, $8,200? The Optima does have some jets the 365 doesn't but the 365 has a waterfall the Optima doesn't... If you can get the Optima for $7,100 then maybe it's a closer call but for $2K less for nearly the same thing? It's got have my vote...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Tubber

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 05:52:33 am »
You'll find about a $2000.00 price difference between the two.
The warranty on the Optima is better, however you have the same components other then the heater and control panel.
For right around a $100.00 you can use the Optima 1 micron filter in the Bahia.
Optima has much more elaborate jets, Bahia directional jets. You can get the swirly jet for the Bahia.
Optima has Blower, aromatherapy.
Bahia has the foot dome thats awesome.
Optima has upper and lower control on the Therapy seat.
Bahia has cup holders built in.
Optima has controls on either side.
Optima has dimmable light.
Optima has child lockout, bahia can be locked but takes learning.
It all boils down to what you are looking for in a spa.
Good Luck.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 06:40:47 am »
Mike,

I have been quoted 7900 total for a cameo or optima with:

Cover
Chemicals
SunLift  
SunGlow Multicolor Light  
SunZone CD Ozone
Exterior Perimeter Lights  
Handi Step
MicroClean Filter
Drink Tray  
SunScents  

I think I can negotiate it down to 7500 total.  I am trying for 7000 total.

D & C

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 06:24:12 pm »
Just wanted to comment that the Sundance dealer in Raleigh offered to upgrade the Sweetwater's filtration to the Micron system found on Sundance and also was going to upgrade the warranty to the 10-7-5 also.  It was not much more in cost and had we gone for the Sweetwater, we would have done both these upgrades.

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 12:28:58 am »
both the bahia and optima are great spas, i did a lot of research and looked at the hotsprings and jacuzzi as well but happily bought an OPTIMA!!  it has so many more features than any of the other spas on the market, built-in bromine dispen., titanium heater, micro filter, aromatherapy, jets with a zero% failure rate, air blower, more control panels, subwoofer/cd player, and more.  my husband and i are so happy with our decision.  jacuzzi's filter just didnt compare- i had read about the gimmicks and felt thats what was on their spas (like the waterfall). the jacuzzi 365 is more like the bahia than the optima.
DAZED 7900 for all of that is really good, we paid 8300 plus extra for the rest (steps, lifter, etc)

mjhilb

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 02:16:19 pm »
We are in the process of purchasing our first tub and have done alot of wet testing. The spas that we eliminated after testing were the jacuzzi and coleman. They just werent comfortable enough. Last week I wet test a Caldera Paradise Geneva and found it comfortable. Price out the door for this tub with everything was about $6850. Over the weekend I wet tested the Bahia and the Optima. No comparison between the two. I eliminated the Bahia right away. Now its down between the Optima and the Geneva. I was quoted an out the door price on the Optima of $7300 in the Chicago area. This included:

Sales tax
Delivery
Starter Chemicals
Ozonator
Cover and Lift

I am leaning more toward the optima at this point. We just have to decide if we want a lounger or not.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 04:00:50 pm »
It has been posted that most of those who opt for loungers in their tubs more often than not skip the lounger when it comes time for a new spa.  

That said, get what is most comfortable to you.  The lounger vs not is very subjective, so you and your family are the only ones who can make that decision.

Either way, you won't loose!
Brewman
Brewman

mjhilb

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 05:41:53 pm »
Made the final decision, going tonite to put money down on the Optima. I went to wet test the Geneva again and didnt find the lounger to be as comfortable as I thought. At least with the Optima, you get more seating and its set up where you can lounge on a couple of the seats if you want to. They were originally asking $9200 for the optima at poolarama, on sale for $7599 and i got them down to $7300 including tax with everything included. I thought that was a pretty fair price. Now I just have to wait till the beginning of Aug to have it delivered when the new patio is finished.

viper

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 05:54:17 pm »
WOW 7300.00 for the optima out the door including taxes. The sundance dealer here where I live, when I told him of some of the quotes people were getting on the optima and cameo told me that those dealers were going againist sundance policies for pricing and were illegal practicies. mjhilb I'm wondering if that included the stereo system.

mjhilb

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 10:58:44 pm »
The Optima that i ordered tonite did not include the stereo. It came with everything else though including the steps which i didnt think were included in the price.

The dealer told me that they had a sale going on now for the Optima, originally the quoted me $7599 without stereo. This was the price that several dealers in my area had quoted me. All pool-a-rama stores.

I told him that i was serious in purchasing and had already picked out another model and that was too much to spend. He them came down to $7500 including taxes on monday when i wet tested. I called him today and said that was still out of our budget. He called me back and said the lowest they could go was $7300 including taxes. I went tonite and put my $200 deposit down.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 11:05:11 pm »
MJHILB-

Great price!  Do you mind telling me exactly what options came with your Optima?  Stairs, Cover, etc etc

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 11:05:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42