What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limited Dealers  (Read 3018 times)

UnHombre

Limited Dealers
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:13:10 am »
The available spa dealers in my area is limited. I have a choice of HotSprings, Viking, and Jacuzzi. I have looked at several tubs but still can't decide mainly due to so many options, brands, costs, etc. I am a pratical person and am not concerned with over the top options such as bluetooth, tv, stereo, etc, nor am I looking to entertain hottub parties. My sole reason for considering a hottub is for relaxiation and ache and pain relief for myself and my spouse. However, at the sametime we don't want to feel cramped. The options in my area are Townley Pools and tub/spa who sells Hotsprings tubs, Family Leasure Pools who sells the Viking tub/spa, Aloha Pools which carries the Jacuzzi J-335 and Leslie Pools which carries the Revo tub/Spas. There is no persay negative BBB information on any of the dealers.

My options in Hotsprings tubs are the Glow, Bolt, Pulse and the Rhythm ($6895). In the Viking the best option avail is the Supreme Series Royale ($5400), and in the J-335. I would like your assistance in determining which one is the best choice for bang for the buck with with my so called needs considered as well as on pricing, and reliability. 
Too many options and not enough money!

Thank you for you assistance.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:27:21 am by UnHombre »

Hot Tub Forum

Limited Dealers
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:13:10 am »

Sam

Re: Limited Dealers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:22:56 am »
Of the brands that you mention, Hot Spring and Jacuzzi certainly have the best reputation for quality, longevity, therapy and energy efficiency.  That 2013 Jetsetter sounds like a great deal and will meet your needs very well.  That is a $7k+ spa brand new and it's only a year old.  That would be an easy choice for me.  The Jetsetter is an awesome little spa.  You may feel more comfortable having a warranty, but with all of the money you saved on what is an almost brand new spa, you can pay for a lot of repairs and still be ahead of the game.  Also, Hot Spring is known as one of the most reliable brands out there. 

Other opinions may vary, but to me the 2013 Jetsetter is a no-brainer.  I would ask more questions though first.  Confirm that it is indeed a 2013, then ask why they have a 1 year old spa?  Was it some sort of catastrophic failure that caused HS to replace a customer's spa and the dealer bought it at a significant discount?  I've certainly seen that a few times over the years.  I would also ask why they won't offer a warranty.  It's only a year old.  I would offer my own 30 to 90 day warranty if the manufacturer warranty was void, but that's just me.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 11:25:03 am »
Is the used 2013 Hotsprings Jetsetter from a dealer, or a private party? Does it include delivery (typically a new spa includes delivery)?

What's included in the cost of the new spas? Cover, steps, cover lifter, chemicals, delivery, set up etc.?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

UnHombre

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:05:15 pm »
The Jetsetter is being sold by a private party. The tub has been in storage for the man since he has chosen to downsize his home. It has been in storage several months and was packaged for storage by the original dealer. The seller will include the cover, cover lift, and about 80% of left over chems. As for the other tubs, dealers will throw in the cover, lift, and steps. With the exception of buying from the Hotsprings dealer, I have the option to save a few $ by picking up and setting the tub myself. As with all Hotspring tubs, the warranty does not transfer.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:19:06 pm by UnHombre »

Sam

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 04:40:46 pm »
Ah, I'm not sure why I just assumed it was from a dealer.  I still think it's a pretty good deal.  Half price for a 1 year old spa.  I would maybe call the dealer that packaged it to confirm the story.  If you live in a cold climate, I would also confirm that they properly winterized it.

UnHombre

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 09:48:42 am »
Thanks for all the advice. Now to figure out pad size and where to have the electrical outlet placed.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:39:03 am »
Even though it is in storage, have him fill it and run it to show it does not leak and it heats.  Not sure he can.  If he cannot, lower the price and/or have him agree to take it back if it leaks.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:39:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42