What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: another used tub  (Read 3338 times)

ricket

another used tub
« on: July 06, 2004, 09:37:44 pm »
found a lexis plus hot tub havent went to look at it yet but the elderly lady that owns it said they dont use it anymore and bought it new 7 years ago and have all the papers and service records on it and she told me it was in a 1 shape and she was asking 2200.00 obo it has a texture finish and it is a granite color should i even waste my time and gas going to look at it its a good 50 minute drive from my house   thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

another used tub
« on: July 06, 2004, 09:37:44 pm »

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Re: another used tub
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 10:39:13 pm »
Here's my 1/2 nickels worth!  First of all you have to go look at it. Plain and simple!!  Make sure everything works from what you can tell. Try it out.  Just like buying a car (new or used).  If you are still serious about it, have a pre-purchase inspection done.  Use someone you feel comfortable with.  Since this individual is suppose to have full records, you can call that company and have them do it.  If the paperwork shows it was maintained by a non-dealer, locate a dealer and have them do it. This would be if there were any updates to the equipment.  Kind of like those notices you get about possible problems with your car.  Generally only the dealers have access to this information.  This doesn't mean that aftermarket service was bad or wrong, but that they might not have the most up-to-date information.
IMO about 10% of the asking price seems reasonalbe to pay for this inspection.
For any major purchase on a used item, you should try and get a pre-purchase inspection.  We do it for houses now, why not spas?

If anybody is wondering why I recommend this, I use to service copiers and you would be surprised how many people just buy it and then get P.O on the money required to get it fully operational.  Then again you may not.  LOL

r100rs (rider)  ps  - remember a real BMW has 2 wheels

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 11:30:01 pm »
The price seems high for a seven year old tub.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 12:16:38 am »
Not only does the price seem high but I'll bet she has no idea and a reasonable offer to her will probably onlt make her think she's being taken. Ask her to call a few stores/sefice guys and see if they'll give her a general idea over the phone. It might give her an idea of what its really worth.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 12:16:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42