What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2001 Tiger River Control Board Issue - Jet Pump Wont Start  (Read 3616 times)

shimpy

2001 Tiger River Control Board Issue - Jet Pump Wont Start
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »
Hello, I have a 2001 Tiger River with the IQ2020 Electronics. Everything was working fine but now the jet pump will not turn on when the button is pushed. When i push the button the heater relay deactivates shutting the heater off and you can hear the pump relay activate. The voltage at the terminals that feed the motor are only reading about 68mv but if i disconnect the motor wires and push the jet pump button on the control panel the terminals read 119v!! add the motor wires and the motor jumps for a split second and the voltage at the terminals drop to 68mv again. If i feed the motor direct with 120v the pump and motor run fine. Is the mother board the issue? or is there something else i should be looking at. the board has no obvious signs of problems, no burnt terminals etc. thanks for the help

Hot Tub Forum

2001 Tiger River Control Board Issue - Jet Pump Wont Start
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: 2001 Tiger River Control Board Issue - Jet Pump Wont Start
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:25:59 am »
Sounds like the relay for that pump failed. I have moved the 'jet pump two' relay over and saved the customer hundreds of dollars, but that requires careful soldering and only works if you have a tub with one jet pump. I have also installed new relay when there are two jet pumps, also requires soldering and you will pay for a new relay. Normal fix is to simply replace the mother board, which is not cheap.

HTH

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Nessuno

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »
I agree with Chas. Sounds like a relay. Some boards have an extra relay on them that you can swap over to, but I'm not familiar with your board. I believe it is normal for some tubs, for the heater to deactivate when the jet(s) are running so as not to draw too much amperage. The fact that the heater is deactivating initially may be telling us that the board is at least sending the initial voltage to the pump (as you tested), but the relay isn't staying closed. You say the relay reads 119v with no load when you push the switch, put as soon as you load it with the motor, the relay opens again. Yet, the motor runs fine when fed with a different 120v source. I know relays can get sticky, but is it normal for them to act funny only when a load is applied?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42