What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HL Error with a leak- HELP!  (Read 2385 times)

theak

HL Error with a leak- HELP!
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:08 pm »
Hello all. I have a frankenstein tub that I bought off Craigslist and have bought a new spa pack for it. I've almost got this 'project' tub up and running. Awesome impulse buy yea?! I think I'm a sadist.

It's a 110v system with a straight plug in to the wall.

The tub keeps going into HL. The heater gets extremely hot and eventually shuts from from the HL. The water may get a degree or two higher. I can visibly see the heated water being emitted into the tub, but it's not like via a pump since it's a 110v...it's just a very small jet...hard to describe.

I'd say it will heat for about a good hour or two before it does this. Then it starts to leak a bit from the spot shown in this picture:
http://imgur.com/6zPwpfe

I'm not sure why it's heating up so high that it's not shutting down. You can also see my very ghetto attachment of the secondary sensor in the top right corner of the image with the zip ties. I think this is where it goes?  :(

I'm in desperate need of help because it's starting to freeze every night and I don't want a big frozen koi pond on my hands :(

Thanks guys

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:18:52 pm by theak »

Hot Tub Forum

HL Error with a leak- HELP!
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:08 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: HL Error with a leak- HELP!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 03:23:01 pm »
There has to be a pump that is supposed to work in conjunction with that heater?
Retired

theak

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:22:00 pm »
There has to be a pump that is supposed to work in conjunction with that heater?

Hmmm, well with 110v you can't have it heat AND pump at the same time. I'm honestly not sure if that's even what's causing the issue tbh.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:23:42 pm by theak »

theak

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 05:18:40 pm »
Any ideas?

theak

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:02:48 pm »
Anything that I should try next? Desperate for some answers...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:02:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42