What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance v. Dynasty  (Read 2275 times)

bassassman

Sundance v. Dynasty
« on: October 12, 2014, 12:11:20 pm »
Just joined this forum...lots of great information -- you guys have a great forum!

About to buy a tub...been 20 years since I owned one so basically feels like I'm a new buyer.  Dealers in my area (Houston) sell Sundance and Jacuzzi (one dealer);  Dynasty and Viking (and another dealer).  Based on my research (not much info out there) it looks like Sundance would be considered top of the line with the others behind it.

So, 2 questions -- opinions on the Sundance and Dynasty would be much appreciated.  Also, dealer quoted 13,888 for the Sundance 880 Optima.  Thoughts on that would be appreciated also.  Thanks very much.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance v. Dynasty
« on: October 12, 2014, 12:11:20 pm »

DaveMc

Re: Sundance v. Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
I went to 5 dealers and got a lower price from each one--it started as you say around 14K---I Told the last dealer when I walked in--"I have 10.5 K---can you do better?"---he said without hesitation--"$9995.00"---I said---"You got it"---so Sundance Optima with steps, lifter, delivered and chemicals and start up--just under 10K---we do not have stereo or Wifi but for $1200 we did add "Eco Wrap"---This guy was the dealer owner--not a sales person.
Oh, rumor has it that now is a good time to buy as new models will come out between now and early 2016!--Buy the floor model!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:18:10 pm by DaveMc »

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 11:16:13 pm »
Keep open to Marquis, Houston has a Marquis dealer, (North west on Louette RD.), they are new to Marquis branding, but have them.
You must ask about getting a wet test done for the one your interested in as you'd be surprised which models you do like, sometimes big is not always better, some prefer no lounger. Test one with a lounger to rule out if you would like that or not...Hope this helps...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:53 am »
I went to 5 dealers and got a lower price from each one--it started as you say around 14K---I Told the last dealer when I walked in--"I have 10.5 K---can you do better?"---he said without hesitation--"$9995.00"---I said---"You got it"---so Sundance Optima with steps, lifter, delivered and chemicals and start up--just under 10K---we do not have stereo or Wifi but for $1200 we did add "Eco Wrap"---This guy was the dealer owner--not a sales person.
Oh, rumor has it that now is a good time to buy as new models will come out between now and early 2016!--Buy the floor model!

Welcome to the forum.   I've owned both and IMO, the Sundance is the far better tub quality wise and support wise. When my Dynasty dealer went under, I found the support from the factory questionable at best and it seem to get worse as time went on until got rid of it in 2012. I did keep it for 9 years though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:02:22 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bassassman

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »
Thanks very much for the input.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42