What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: brown spots in the tub  (Read 2875 times)

stujoe

brown spots in the tub
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:36:02 am »
hi guys. I,m a nubie to hot tubs but finally got one due to my wifes persistence..lol..having a little trouble so here I am on this forum..so just sayin hi first..
tub is 6 months old 725 beachcomber. using clor blast.this is my second water change. my levels are ok the clorine is a bit high tho. I use city water that is really soft and have to harden it up a bit when I do a water change.....my problem is that is get brown spots in the tub (more on the seats and the bottom) if I let it sit for a day or two...it feels a bit gritty cant seem to put my finger on it...any suggetstions....???
thanks stu

Hot Tub Forum

brown spots in the tub
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:36:02 am »

kporter

Re: brown spots in the tub
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:07:37 pm »
Ever had your water tested for metals?
Are you using a metal guard / stain preventor upon fresh fills and monthly?

stujoe

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:55:03 pm »
no I haven't yet...I would think that our city water is good, like I said I have to soften the water when I first fill the tub.. and no im not using metal guard...I don't get any rings in the tub or in our toilet for that matter. ( not that we swim in there )
I just don't know why that its almost like grit and only happens when the tub doesn't get used for a few days..

kporter

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:58:25 pm »
My advice to is to get your water tested by a lab and let them know of the issue you are experiencing before they begin the test.

Sam

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »
Are you sure that your PH and Alkalinity are in the proper range.  If either are too high, they can cause metals to precipitate out of the water.  Just a guess.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42