What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer Drops Diamante line of spas  (Read 9629 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Dealer Drops Diamante line of spas
« on: July 03, 2004, 11:25:54 am »
Funny thing before I bought my Jacuzzi J-355 I went to a local Pool and spa dealer in Allentown Pa. and they had the Diamante and Charisma spas for sale.The Owner was pushing the Diamante Spas and telling me that the company was part of a bigger company that made tools since 1956 and spas for over 20 years.Anyway he was pushing the  Diamante Suprerne Series with 60 jets 3 pumps 2 water falls ozone and 5 years on parts and labor for $6000.I told him let me look around a bit and then he went down to $5600 still i wanted to look around a bit.Anyway I was looking in the paper and see that he does not sell that brand anymore and stll sells the Charisma and his new line Dream Maker Spas.Wonder why he did not try to push the Charisma on me since he is still selling them? :-/Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer Drops Diamante line of spas
« on: July 03, 2004, 11:25:54 am »

Shut_Down_Stranger

Re: Dealer Drops Diamante line of spas
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 11:27:09 am »
profitability???/

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 11:33:03 am »
They looked like good spas and the owner talked a mile a min.Could not understand him.they were not full foam and if i wanted full foam he would order it for me.I guess i would have been screwed if i bought it from the dealer.I would be getting a spa that they don't sell anymore but then again maybe i would be fighting to get my money back?????I am glad i went with a brand name and everyone should stick with brand names or be left out in the cold....Johnny Thunders

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 12:27:45 pm »
Diamante IS a brand name, and decent one at that. They are quite expensive though. Not a brand I would count out.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 01:08:16 pm »
well the top of the line Diamante was $6000 and reduced to $5600 while i was about to walk out the door.Manager lied to me saying that they have been making spas for over 20 years,with my research its been making spas for only a few years.If they are so good why would the dealer stop selling them and still selling other  brands that most people have never heard of?I ratter buy a Emerald if it came down to it...Johnny Thunders

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 03:58:31 pm »
It would apear to me the dealer isn't too sure how to run his business, or is trying to find the right tub to fit his niche in his market. If he tried Diamante, and was having little or no success with them, then move on. A good dealer though he/she drops a line, isn't dropping their customers. They are IMO still ethicaly bound to perform warranty service on the sold units. One thing you must remember, although the brand you choose is important, you ARE NOT the manufacturers customer. You ARE the dealers customer. WE are the manufacturers customer. Since you are the dealers customer, a good dealer is going to do what it takes to keep you pleased regardless of which brand they switch to. While I'm on this subject, I read on a spa manufacturers board that you should never buy from a dealer that has recently changed brands, because there is a learning curve where servicing is concerned. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are only a handfull of manufacturers of spa packs that are pretty standard in the industry, i.e. Balboa, Gecko (almost identical) Spa builders (what you find on Sundance and Jacuzzi, et al), Hydroquip, len gordon, intermatic (not so much a controll pack as a timer) All pretty easy to work on if you are a professional in the industry. Replacing a pump is replacing a pump regardless of brand. Same with blowers, heaters, t-stats, pressure sensors, flow switches, etc... In short, if you are comfortable with your dealer and his knowledge of the product and ability to repair same, don't worry too much about how long he/she has been carrying it.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 04:31:05 pm »
As you say the Diamante is a brand name and the dealer must have had problems with selling that brand.If Diamante is a good maker of spas why would he have not dropped the other brands that i have never heard of Charisma and bringing in another brand that I never heard of Dream Maker.Unless you have heard of Charisma and Dream Maker and think those spas are top brands too? :DJohnny Thunders

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 06:35:40 pm »
I'll make this my last post on this subject since this is gettin to be like wrestlin with a pig in mud, eventualy you realize the pig likes it. I personaly have not heard of Dream Maker (most likely a lower end line the dealer carries to hit the 1995 to 3495 price point. I personally HAVE heard of Charisma, and understand that they are a good mid range spa 3295 to 8K. Diamante WAS his upper end that he seems to have decided to change. You see in business you begin to realize not everyone wants or needs 6, 7, or 8 thousand dollar hot tub. For those people you find the least expensive product you can, that you deem reliable and offer it up. If not, you can only do one thing, watch that 1995 buy walk out the door and head over to the next guy that does carry a tub to accomadate his/her needs. KAPEESH.

As you say the Diamante is a brand name and the dealer must have had problems with selling that brand.If Diamante is a good maker of spas why would he have not dropped the other brands that i have never heard of Charisma and bringing in another brand that I never heard of Dream Maker.Unless you have heard of Charisma and Dream Maker and think those spas are top brands too? :DJohnny Thunders

« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 06:36:33 pm by Wisoki »

Charger Fan

• Go Bolts!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 09:39:00 pm »
Dream Maker is the re-named X-Spa-Dition brand spas.  They are rotationally molded (plastic) spas, and generally in the $2,000-$3,000 price range depending on the model.

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Coincidence?
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 11:45:38 pm »
I just caught word that the Diamante dealer here is looking at dropping them for a new product.

Dealers loyalty can wane with inconsistancy and product quality issues- So this move by these dealers may prove to be a trend of self preservation.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 11:46:12 pm by Spa_Tech »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 10:25:29 pm »
Ok lets end this lol,Diamante was his most expensive spa at $5000 - $6000 and the Charisma's are going for $5300 -  $5500.......He did not have any spas for anything over $6000.Johnny Thunders :-*

spaguyohio

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 09:15:12 am »
Dream maker is an off shoot of Leisure Bay.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 09:15:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42