What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tracking Down Leak - Perhaps in Wavemaster 7000 (v2)  (Read 2832 times)

aaronpearlman

Tracking Down Leak - Perhaps in Wavemaster 7000 (v2)
« on: September 20, 2014, 03:42:13 pm »
I have a Hot Spring Sovereign I  (year 2000).   I got it from a friend of a friend for free but paid to move and repair it.

I have replaced the Ozonator & the Circ Pump.  It operates perfectly, except I'm trying to track down a leak.

The water drips in multiple spots in the front right corner (when looking at the front of the tub - to the right).  It has been happening for awhile as there is some rotting wood in there.  It only happens when the jets are on.  So, I thought it was the diverter (which clearly was leaking) and that it was trailing down the outside of the pipes from there.  I have now replaced the diverter and still have the problem. 

I also see the water coming out into the component area from underneath the exhaust pipe from the Wavemaster 7000 (version 2) jet pump.  All of my research shows that this pump normally leaks from the seal between the wet side and the motor . .. i.e. not all the way on the other side into the exhaust pipe. 

Any ideas?   This tub is a fully insulated tub, so it is going to be a lot of work to tear things apart to find the leak, so I'm trying pinpoint as much as possible before tearing out insulation and such. 

Hot Tub Forum

Tracking Down Leak - Perhaps in Wavemaster 7000 (v2)
« on: September 20, 2014, 03:42:13 pm »

Kev B

Re: Tracking Down Leak - Perhaps in Wavemaster 7000 (v2)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 09:32:24 am »
 Hmmm, so many people saying how superior full foamed tubs are and yet they are nowhere to be found when people like you come around. ( and trust me, you are not alone)
 The equipment area is white on these Hot Springs so sometimes it is hard to spot the water flow so I shop vac up as much as I can and use phenol red to spot where water originates from. It should be easy to spot leaking at pump seal, if that's it....just make sure there is no leaks coming from equipment before you tear into your little foam adventure with Hot Springs. I use my instinct as to whether I tear into an area or do a tub lift and trace it from underneath.
 Check the light also...sometimes it is a loose or cracked light assembly

Isaac-1

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:47 am »
I bought a '98 Jetsetter last spring, and one of the things I found in the control cabinet were some bad spring hose clips.  A couple of them had no spring action left and snapped in half when squeezed with pliers. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42