What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Okay.. first wet test tomorrow. HELP  (Read 3586 times)

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Okay.. first wet test tomorrow. HELP
« on: July 02, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »
I am driving 250 miles roundtrip to wet test a Sundance Optima and Sweetwater Bahia...

Please give me the procedures for wet testing..  How much time in each seat, what to look for, etc. etc.

Hot Tub Forum

Okay.. first wet test tomorrow. HELP
« on: July 02, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Okay.. first wet test tomorrow. HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 03:30:06 pm »
Don't forget your Speedo and towels.

Hop in, sit in each seat.  With the Optima, I'd for sure sit in each corner seat, and at least one "mid" seat.  
When in the main therapy seat, activate just the pump for that seat.  It only runs on high.  open the air valves for that seat and adjust the diverter between full on and fully off.  Note the affect the diverter has on the foot jets.  And on the calf jets which are in two of the corner seats.  

Then turn off this pump, and activate the other, which is a 2 speed pump.  This is for the other 3 corner seats.   Open the air valves for those jets, and turn the 2nd diverter valve between all the way on, and all the way off.  This diverter feeds the 3 corner seats, and the whirlpool jets.  Try out each seat, switching the pump from low to high speed, and adjusting the jets in those seats.

Then shut that pump off, and turn on the bubbler.

Then turn the pumps on and off in any combination you like.  

If you are considering the stereo option, bring a CD of whatever music you like.  

Not familiar with the Sweetwater model, but use a similar strategy.  Try the seats, and vary the massage action to each seat as applicable.

Note how comfortable (or un) each seat and setting is.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Brewman
Brewman

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 04:54:45 pm »
Also, make sure you stay in it for a good while.  Sometimes after a 3-5 minute tour of the tub there can be an expectation to get out.

Try and stay in for a good 15 minutes.  Sometimes jets feel great for 2-3 minutes and then become really bothersome.  Other times jets feel terrible at first and then feel great as you loosen up.

-Ed

Pooldevil

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 09:14:49 am »
First mistake .... You left out Marquis !
::)

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 11:05:33 am »
No Bro... Marquis left out Louisiana...  closest dealer is in Summit, Mississippi.  165 miles away from my front door.

I sent this email to the folks at Marquis this week..  

"You guys getting any closer to adding a dealer in South Louisiana?  Baton Rouge, Lafayette or New Orleans?   Looks like you have a big void...   You dont even have any dealers in Houston...   I have read lots of great things about your product but whoever sets up your dealer network in the south is asleep at the wheel.. ;)"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 11:19:43 am by Cajun_Mike »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 10:18:41 am »
Mike,

When you first came into this forum, I think I remember you saying you are single but looking for the tub to use in a social setting. If you are wet testing by yourself be sure to check out the footwells for space.  Some tubs that claim to be 4 person tubs are only so if the people don't mnd being in continuous contact with each other, which at 104 degrees is not always desirable.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gerrym

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 11:46:32 am »
First mistake .... You left out Marquis !
 ::)

Scond, but biggest mistake, you left out HS

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 12:04:59 pm »
didnt leave out hotspring...   Dealer never has the Grandee in stock and before wet testing I do not like it's layout over the Optima, Nautilus or Euphoria...   Now, if he had one in stock I would wet test and that could change my mind....

p.s.  I'll post my review of the Optima and Bahia from yesterday asap.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 12:04:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42