What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help in narrowing down spa choices  (Read 3052 times)

Nocturnal

Help in narrowing down spa choices
« on: September 12, 2014, 01:26:13 pm »
So yeah, I'm sure you guys get this kind of question a lot.

I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of choices and in dealing with local dealers vs big box etc. So some general guidance would be great.

Looking for a 4-5 person tub. I care most about energy efficiency and quality of build. Price is not a major factor but I'd like to hit the sweet spot of quality vs price. I don't care much about fancy options, and even jets aren't really that interesting TBH. I have no problems fixing things myself so I won't NEED a local dealer to babysit me if something breaks. I wouldn't mind forgoing what I expect is a painful process of going to a local dealer as long as I can get a quality tub. I understand that the ones sold at big box stores etc. tend to me "outlet" versions of the bigger brands.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Help in narrowing down spa choices
« on: September 12, 2014, 01:26:13 pm »

kporter

Re: Help in narrowing down spa choices
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:14 pm »
What options do you have available?

Nocturnal

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »

Do you mean the brands I can find locally?

The closest dealer to me is a Hot Springs seller. A few others around, one sells what seem like off brand spas (Strong and Bahamas brands)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:49:18 pm by Nocturnal »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »

Do you mean the brands I can find locally?

The closest dealer to me is a Hot Springs seller. A few others around, one sells what seem like off brand spas (Strong and Bahamas brands)

I'd look at the major players known for Quality and energy efficiency (which is what you seem to value most) which for me would be Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance. Check them out, see what you like and by all means, wet test your favorites.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

DaveMc

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »
My research lead me to Sundance from Hot Springs---quality of build mainly and the fact that a salt water system could corrode (hot springs)---the thickness  of the acrylic at Sundance was also a deciding factor as well as the basic pump being a little larger (Optima)--good luck we visited 6 locations/salesmen prior to purchasing--the dealer does make a difference---do they provide good warranty service?---have they been in business a while?---Will they give you a list of customers--for Q&A?.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42