What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Lakes Tub jets or heater won't turn on  (Read 4405 times)

jaswyld75

Great Lakes Tub jets or heater won't turn on
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:38:05 am »
I just picked up this used tub at the aution and have temperarly set it up in my garage to see if it works.  I don't have a ground fault switch in it yet just hooked directly to 220.  When i flip the panel switch the user input interface on the tut lights up and displays 100 then flashes 61 and then goes to Pr.  When i hit the jet button the led below it lights up, still displays Pr and you can something from the control box click but nothing turns on.  When i click some random buttons i have also seen a Ec code.   If i hook the pump directly up to 220 it works but there is a click in it and its not very powerfull.  The auction said the previous owner said there was something wrong with the heater and sensor but i don't want to go out and buy a new heating unit if i don't need it and it doesn't seem that a heater would prevent the pump from working. I did notice that the connector to the heater seems a little corroded and there is a little sizzle to it after i click the jet button.  The tub has all balboa parts, controller is a balboa 500
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:43:52 am by jaswyld75 »

Hot Tub Forum

Great Lakes Tub jets or heater won't turn on
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:38:05 am »

Kev B

Re: Great Lakes Tub jets or heater won't turn on
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 12:03:11 pm »
 I recommend a qualified technician come out.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:49:58 pm »
I just picked up this used tub at the aution and have temporarily set it up in my garage to see if it works.  I don't have a ground fault switch in it yet just hooked directly to 220.  When i flip the panel switch the user input interface on the tut lights up and displays 100 then flashes 61 and then goes to Pr.  When i hit the jet button the led below it lights up, still displays Pr and you can something from the control box click but nothing turns on.  When i click some random buttons i have also seen a Ec code.   If i hook the pump directly up to 220 it works but there is a click in it and its not very powerful.  The auction said the previous owner said there was something wrong with the heater and sensor but i don't want to go out and buy a new heating unit if i don't need it and it doesn't seem that a heater would prevent the pump from working. I did notice that the connector to the heater seems a little corroded and there is a little sizzle to it after i click the jet button.  The tub has all balboa parts, controller is a balboa 500

Usually that codes means you have a dry sensor. Have you "burped " all the air out at the pumps, or forced water through it??
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »
I just picked up this used tub at the aution and have temporarily set it up in my garage to see if it works.  I don't have a ground fault switch in it yet just hooked directly to 220.  When i flip the panel switch the user input interface on the tut lights up and displays 100 then flashes 61 and then goes to Pr.  When i hit the jet button the led below it lights up, still displays Pr and you can something from the control box click but nothing turns on.  When i click some random buttons i have also seen a Ec code.   If i hook the pump directly up to 220 it works but there is a click in it and its not very powerful.  The auction said the previous owner said there was something wrong with the heater and sensor but i don't want to go out and buy a new heating unit if i don't need it and it doesn't seem that a heater would prevent the pump from working. I did notice that the connector to the heater seems a little corroded and there is a little sizzle to it after i click the jet button.  The tub has all balboa parts, controller is a balboa 500

Usually that codes means you have a dry sensor. Have you "burped " all the air out at the pumps, or forced water through it??

Get all the air out of it and disconnected your heater if you suspect it. The pump should still run.
Retired

Hottubprosne

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 09:49:49 am »
Pr stands for priming mode. Ec stands for economy mode. If you push the jet button and it does not turn on but you hear a click at the board it is probably a board issue or motor. Does it have open contacts on the board or the closed black ones. BTW we have sold 100 of Great Lakes in the past and still work on lots of them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 09:49:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42