What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: low bromine level  (Read 2305 times)

freeman9243

low bromine level
« on: September 10, 2014, 07:46:33 am »
I have recently bought a hot tub. 6 seater 1000th 3 kw. I have gone with the bromine over clorine  as reserch has said clorine is more for pools. Now I'm taking my reading with my test strips. I have got the levels fine but the bromine is always low. Even with me leaving the floater in it now all the time with two tabs in.
Should I be leaving it in...will it cause problems. Can I use granules for better results.
As a newbie to hot tubs any tips.help would be appreciated 

Hot Tub Forum

low bromine level
« on: September 10, 2014, 07:46:33 am »

buba

Re: low bromine level
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:33 am »
How low is low? What are you using to test the bromine level?

I have a  Spa Frog mineral stick in the circulation filter and a level of 2PPM Bromine is fine for that setup. I also shock it once a week with 1 ounce of MPS which drives the Bromine level above 10ppm. It takes a couple of days for the Bromine level to settle after being shocked.

More info on bromine levels at the link
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php?topic=15830.0

PS: I switched from Bromine tabs to Brilliance Bromine granules a couple months ago, but do not think it performs any better than the tabs. Subjectively I would say it does have less of a Bromine smell than the Bromine combo tabs. When I used Bromine tabs I found setting the floater so one tab was exposed and leaving it in the spa 24/7 worked well for my 360 gallons spa and usage level, YMMV.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:35:50 am by buba »

Topline Mike

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:19:09 am »
When I used bromine, I packed as many tabs in the floater as I could.  I still had to add chlorox bleach to the water after a soak to keep the bromine level up there.  It all depends on your use.  With three kids, I could not keep up with just the bromine tabs. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:19:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42