What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: About to be a first time Hot Tub Buyer  (Read 1831 times)

honnziva

About to be a first time Hot Tub Buyer
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:26 am »
I can't believe I didn't think of checking the internet before for hot tub forums... there are forums for everything and it didn't even occur to me!

Anyway, Thank you for having all these resources in one place. Hot Tubs are a mystery to a lot of people who haven't owned one, mostly because of all the little internals and who's a ma jiggy's inside.

I've been researching, and reading, and am ready to finally purchase my first spa/hot tub. my budget is around 4 k, which from what I'm reading, does not seem like a lot.

I see a lot of ads of course mostly from big box stores for 2-3 k models that look great, but obviously there's a reason they sell it at Sam's Club.

So, I come to you, the pro's! for guidance. What is the best budget hot tub I could add to my property for a great soak, good temp control for summer months, and good life on the product... I went to one place that really tried to push the viking brand,and the price actually seemed reasonable, but I'm looking for some guidance!

Thanks for being such an open welcoming community !

Hot Tub Forum

About to be a first time Hot Tub Buyer
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:26 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: About to be a first time Hot Tub Buyer
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   From what I heard the Viking is probably a good tub in that price range. I know a lot of dealers carry it as their budget bran.  There is a place here in Ohio that has dozens of cabins for rent and they all have Viking tubs.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

clovett

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:56:08 pm »
Make sure to factor in wiring the tub for 220, especially if you have to hire someone to do it.  Running the wire myself still set me back $300 for materials.  Depending on your situation it could probably run $1000 to $1500 to have an electrician do it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:56:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42