What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Crystal Clear Water, No Need For Chemicals? Structure your Water.  (Read 10425 times)

mattwelke

Crystal Clear Water, No Need For Chemicals? Structure your Water.
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »
I began doing research into quartz crystals, they can be used to actually do what is called "structure water" Water moluclues can take many shapes that can alter the surface tension, freezing and boiling points, its failry documented but not well known.

Anyways I came across this company that claims you can strucutre your hot tub water and you wont need chemicals, I didnt look much into the system intself, but I saw a testamonial from someone on youtube that swears by it.

From my research and personal experimentation, that simply placing a quartz crystal into water, will structure the water. I did experiments myself where I saw structured and non structured water changed the surface tension of water just by leaving a few crystals in a pot of water overnight. The quartz crystal basically programs the water moluclues to change shape. Quartz and water can store information. You can reference a team of prinston researches that placed a 3d image of the mona lisa into a quartz crystal and then later retrieved it. Science is still unsure of exactly why it does this but they can prove that quartz is a date storage...anyways getting off topic here, I just want you guys to know that Im not loony toones or making this stuff up.

So I had about a half pound of quartz crystals and I placed them into my filter bucket so the water would pass over the quartz crystals and start to structure the water. Its been 2 weeks now and I have not put any bromine in my tub, iv used it about once every 2 days, and the water is perfectly clean and there is not a trace of any bacteria. Usually after a few days when the bromine pucks die off, the water will get a slight green tinge to it, and I shock the tub to get rid of it.

Its pretty interesting. I suggest to others to try this, if you start to see bacteria, simply shocking your tub will easily remove it. its a pretty simple, and safe procedure. Just be careful as the quartz can fracture and crack if it undergoes too quick a temature change so i warmed them up with warm water in my hands before i put them in the tub.

I bought the crystals off ebay for about $20. most shops sell small pieces for a few bucks each, Quartz is insanely common and abundent everywhere, and you dont need anything that looks pretty.

Heres hoping I dont need to use bromine any more, maybe ill shock it once a month..but im unsure how to proceed.

It may save you some money on chemicals and also help your health.

I realize that most hot tub manufactures arn't interested in putting these kinds of systems into their hottubs. Just like a car manufacture doesn't make cars that dont need oil changes or break down. Alot of money is made selling chemicals to customers and gets them into the stores to sell repeat hot tubs too.

If hottub companies really didnt want you to use chlorine or bromine in your tub, they would just make filters out of silver thread fibers which would only cost a extra $1 or $2 for the quanty of silver, and silver destroys all bacteria and pathogens on contact.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:26:03 pm by mattwelke »

Hot Tub Forum

Crystal Clear Water, No Need For Chemicals? Structure your Water.
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »

mattwelke

Re: Crystal Clear Water, No Need For Chemicals? Structure your Water.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:38:58 pm »
Ill include some images

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:41:22 pm by mattwelke »

Sam

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:54:17 pm »
Will you report back here when you get pseudomonas or folliculitis?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:55:47 pm »
Is it April 1st.?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mattwelke

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:44:14 pm »
I have a magic grain of sand I found on the beach that will do the same thing. If you give me a couple of days, I can put up a youtube video proving it works...gimmie a couple more days and I can get my sister, or cousin to put up another video telling you how well it works for them. Oh, also, this magic grain of sand will turn lead into gold.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clovett

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »
I'll trade you a cow for your magic grain of sand, if it will grow a beanstalk to the land of gia.... wait I remember how that turned out.   Nevermind

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 05:58:13 am »
Heres hoping I dont need to use bromine any more, maybe ill shock it once a month..but im unsure how to proceed.

Just shock it very lightly with dichlor after each use. My research suggests you can skip the quartz if you do that.
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »
I treat my water with very few chemicals. Bromine after each use and when the PH starts getting a little low, a couple of tablespoons of Baking Soda. Keeps the water crystal clear. Hmmm, without the crystals.

Good luck with your crystals. Might work... might not. It's your tub so I won't criticize. Hope you don't get some kind of bacteria, though.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 09:03:44 pm »
Remember, baking soda also raises your TA quite a bit.

chem geek

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 02:09:14 am »
From my research and personal experimentation, that simply placing a quartz crystal into water, will structure the water. I did experiments myself where I saw structured and non structured water changed the surface tension of water just by leaving a few crystals in a pot of water overnight. The quartz crystal basically programs the water moluclues to change shape. Quartz and water can store information. You can reference a team of prinston researches that placed a 3d image of the mona lisa into a quartz crystal and then later retrieved it. Science is still unsure of exactly why it does this but they can prove that quartz is a date storage...anyways getting off topic here, I just want you guys to know that Im not loony toones or making this stuff up.
:
If hottub companies really didnt want you to use chlorine or bromine in your tub, they would just make filters out of silver thread fibers which would only cost a extra $1 or $2 for the quanty of silver, and silver destroys all bacteria and pathogens on contact.

As described in this link, the researchers were from Stanford, not Princeton, the crystal was lithium niobate, not quartz, and there was no water involved.  I suggest you do a better job with your "research" and perhaps could start with Water Cluster Quackery.

As for silver or even copper and silver, this post has a table of kill times for chlorine vs. copper and silver demonstrating that silver and copper ions do not kill bacteria quickly, they are not effective against viruses, and as for solid materials only the tiniest amount of water can directly contact them at any point in time so would not be effective in filtration systems using "threads" of silver.

As for whether you are "loony toones or making this stuff up", that's for others to decide.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 07:08:12 am »
Remember, baking soda also raises your TA quite a bit.

I have noticed that my TA is around 180 - 200. What damage can that do?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

chem geek

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 03:37:09 pm »
It the combination of Total Alaklinity (TA), pH and Calcium Hardness (CH) are too high, then calcium carbonate can precipitate and scale, especially in the spa heater since that is at higher temperature.  If that occurs, the heater can overheat since there will be less heat transfer and the heat exchanger can get damaged (crack, leak) or an internal temperature sensor get tripped and the heater stop working.

You can use PoolMath to calculate the Calcite Saturation Index (CSI) to tell you if you are at risk.  Be sure to put in the temperature as well as the pH, TA, and CH.  Also put in the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level if you've been using Dichlor (or Trichlor) since the calculator needs to adjust TA for the calculation when CYA is present.  If your CSI is above 0 and especially above +0.3, then your spa risks getting scale, especially in the heater.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:39:58 pm by chem geek »

buba

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 07:00:20 pm »
Where's the love?

Good luck in your experiment and please report back on how this works out for you (good or bad).

As chem geek pointed out, I think you will need something more than crystals to keep Ph, TA and sanitation under control.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:02:02 pm by buba »

mattwelke

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 11:24:23 am »
I went 3 weeks without any chemicals and the water had no noticible color or odor. I then started using single bromine pucks once a week just as I feel I should do more research before I keep going.

Unfortunately there are not alot of scientests that are doing alot of research in this field of the properties of structred water. From this website strucuted water has the following properties:

"Dr. Gerald Pollack, professor of bioengineering at the University of Washington has provided significant evidence for water’s liquid crystalline structure. His research has demonstrated water’s capacity to form large zones of structured water. He has shown that this water has measurably different characteristics including: molecular stability, a negative electrical charge, greater viscosity, molecular alignment, and an enhanced ability to absorb certain spectra of light."
http://www.dancingwithwater.com/the-new-science-of-water/what-is-structured-water/

Who knows maybe he is a quack. There is another well know scientent named Marcel Vogel who worked at IBM labs who invented the LCD screen. He did alot of research into structured water and plant communication. There was a book published off his reasearch called the secret teachings of plants or something of a similar name.

When I placed quartz crystals into water and boiled it next to water that had no crystals in it, the boiling patterns were noticably different. I assume that was attributed to the greater viscosity of the water?

Im not claiming I have all the answers, although I have watched the free online courses on Crystal Research from MIT. I just have a open mind and believe there is something to this.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42