What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Remeber me I was the guy with the hot tub leak  (Read 3550 times)

anxious2tub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Remeber me I was the guy with the hot tub leak
« on: July 01, 2004, 07:53:18 am »
 I set the tub up on blocks and filled it up and saw where most of the water was coming out of, marked it and turned it back over and continued my foam dig,   it seems that the heater must of gone out in the winter and the water froze in the pipes and cause a 1 1/2 " flex pipe near the other side of the control panel to split, I dug the foam out around this pipe and saw a huge split on each side of this pipe,   I took out that section of pipe and replaced it   now there are no more leaks....... the tub has sat full of water for 4 days now and still has the same amount of water in it   yea

I installed a 20 amp breaker in the main box and ran conduit to a GFCI box by the hot tub, inside the control panel I hard wired a plug to it and removed the jumpers.  It is now set for 120 volts as it was originally from the factory.   When plugged in I still do not get power light to come on, so my next step is on the circuit board  I measure 120 volts on the primary to the transformer   but only 1.4 volts on the secondary  so I think the transformer is bad, my problem is what should the output be and where do I find one of those ????  I called the hot tub place and they told me I needed a whole new circuit board and they do not replace parts.... the cost is $ 450.00 for a new one.  Does that sound right ????

I also measured the heating elements which gave me a reading of 10.26 ohms, so I think the heater is good.... is that an indiction of a good heater ????  I would think if the elements were burned out or open I would get an open line reading.

Does anyone know of where I can buy parts for the circuit board  this is for a 1997 Hot Springs Souvereign  hot tub

thanks again to you all who have helped me in the past........ I keep on getting closer to soaking   :)

Hot Tub Forum

Remeber me I was the guy with the hot tub leak
« on: July 01, 2004, 07:53:18 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Remeber me I was the guy with the hot tub leak
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 01:02:38 pm »
On the Jacuzzi 110 spas the transformer secondary should read 12-14 volts. This may or may not be the same on hotsprings. I would replace the transformer before spending the money on the board.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 10:15:31 pm »
If this is a Hot-Springs spa you are looking to repair....possibly Chas and/or Bruce can help you. Chas is currently on vacation.

Question,was the spa originally set-up for 220? If so,maybe it's a jumper issue.?. You could also ask the self proclaimed wizard of electricity and electrical motors....known in most parts as the "Spa Deceptionist".

GL

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 05:38:31 pm »
Back from vacation - rested and ready!

What box do you have? Does it say "IQ-2000" on the front? Is it plastic or metal? I think you may just have a jumper out of place - there should be a label on the inside of the control-box cover that 'splains it.

I'm looking up the troubleshooting info on that transformer output right now - will get back.

Yes, your heater element resistance sounds just right.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 05:40:03 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 05:38:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42