What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Capri steady FLO error  (Read 1874 times)

Tommyc

Sundance Capri steady FLO error
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:31:42 am »
The circulation pump went bad last winter so I winterized the tub and replaced the pump in April. Started getting a steady FLO error after that. If I turn off the power and back on it works fine and all the pumps run. After the pumps time out I get a flo error 10 sec later. The circulation pump still runs and it seems to still heat. Replaced the flo switch a month ago still getting same error. For now we just reset the breaker when we want to use it. Have replaced filters and ran without the filters still get error.
Could I have put on the wrong pump??

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Capri steady FLO error
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:31:42 am »

clover

Re: Sundance Capri steady FLO error
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:59:22 am »
Solid flow indicates a "bad flow switch" that does not "open" when the water stops, and the circuit board is giving you the resulting "Solid Flow" message.  You can confirm this by removing the sensor loom from the circuit board causing the circuit board to recognize the removal to be an open switch, and when you put it back on immediately after, the open was recorded by the circuit board and the spa will operate properly, that is until the flow switch is supposed to open again, but doesn't.

Replace the flow switch.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Tommyc

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »
Flow switch is new but I pulled it out and checked it. Read open and closed like it should. I don't see the circulation pump ever turning off, is that normal? I pulled off one of the wires from the flow switch where it plugs on to the board and reconnected it and the flow error went away. Worked good for about 10 minutes then got the error again. Pulled the sensor wire off again and the error went away.
Should the circulation pump turn off? Could I have stuck relay? I think the board is looking for the flow switch to open monetarily??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42