What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance filters??  (Read 1937 times)

clovett

Sundance filters??
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:32:48 am »
My used Sundance Marin tub arrives tomorrow.  I ordered the chemicals startup I need and started thinking about what the older gentleman that owns the tub said.

"The filter in it is about a year old and I am including a new one."

So it appears there are TWO filters.  From what I can see there is the main filter and in front of that is a second stage filter.  It could be he changed both it could be he changed one.  Who knows

Also there seems to be filters in the foot area over the returns.  I don't think they are there.  How critical are they, do I need them?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance filters??
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:32:48 am »

buba

Re: Sundance filters??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:39:25 pm »

Also there seems to be filters in the foot area over the returns.  I don't think they are there.  How critical are they, do I need them?

Those are most likely intake screens and yes they are important and may be required by law/regulation.

clovett

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »
No I am talking about a filter , not the intake grate.  I've been watching to see if anyone actually knew and apparently they don't.  That tells me that they probably don't use them after the initial ones get lost or shredded.  This is what I am talking about.

http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6540-213SundanceSpasSuctionDrainCovers.aspx

I doubt seriously the hot tub police care if this nylon mesh screen is used or not.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 08:00:58 pm »
 All it does is keep fine sand particles out of the plumbing system and they usually fall apart or don't stay on.  Jacuzzi and Sundance use to ship spa's with them but stopped quite a few years ago.  They are also not required by any laws or the VGB act.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 08:00:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42