What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first round wettest(Marquis)  (Read 4159 times)

stiffy

first round wettest(Marquis)
« on: June 30, 2004, 08:10:02 pm »
Well we did the marquis wet test and for starters was disapionted in the mirage being the 110V tub was realy weak. Would like to test that tub with the 160 motor in it and 220V. Lay out was simple and nice, diverter control uncomplicated and easy in-n-outof tub. But the true performance was lacking even the swirl jet needed a flick with the finger to get moving periodically in high speed.
The euphoria,ok this was complicated. first turn the pumps to low  get diverters to the right position then chose your seat for your ackes and pains then shut off the jets your not useing(the ones you can do that to that is) then turn pumps to high and hope its the 160 motor for that spot.  
Listen the big bonus for us in this tub was the blaster jets right down in front of the filters; put those feet on the footwell wall move till they hit the start of your crack (that would be butt crack )to your neck and in 8min you are lose as a goose. me and the wife fought for time in front of that set of jets.
But then again we could still see the need for that 160pump in the tub instead of the 130. and the noise when you turn off the air vales to just water flow was somewhat annoying.

Now the reward was the best lay out of the three the wife went straight for that row of jets infront of the filters and I, in the begining, was more concerned with a nice well jeted corner, injoyed the lounger( if I could keep that swirl going) could also live without the wirlpool jets on the sides and put them in the seats or better yet the foot end of the lounger.
The layout of the SA looks better thought out.
PLus once again we both felt that the 130pump needs to be replaced with the 160. Which we know the SA reward does.  also the SA has better jet placeing

The wife apon leaving said the reward would be a good tub if it had more pressure in the jets, and I would have to agree. so we wished we could get in the SA reward  
to find out?  but looks like we will have to find another dealer who is ready to let that happen.

OK for those tub hunters who do not like too stronge of jet pressure and are more on the soaking kind of thought , but not completly, I would recomnerd wettesting the reward or the mirage.
But I am not given up hope yet for marquis because I like very much there construction qaulity, durashell exterior and dura base design and no frills premis.

Well, Thursday is sweetwater then Friday is Caldera, we or I should say  
"I" will keep those of you intristed posted!

Hot Tub Forum

first round wettest(Marquis)
« on: June 30, 2004, 08:10:02 pm »

Cajun_Mike

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: first round wettest(Marquis)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 09:39:38 pm »
good stuff... very much enjoyed the read...   How did you and your wife do in the lounger of the Reward?

Based on what I have read on this forum and another most people who buy their second spa almost never go back with spa with a lounger in it.

I'd love to wet test a Caldera Niagra but there is no dealer here...   Frankly my choice of dealers close by sucks major...

I have a hot springs dealer that charges top dollar and never had the model I'm interested in to wet test.  I have a very knowlegable Dimension One dealer who does not stock the model I want to wet test (Nautilus) because he says he has a hard time selling models without loungers...     And I have a coleman dealer that was also very nice but does not have the non lounger model (C470) in stock....  But I will say she was very much willing to order in a C470 for me to test without any obligation from me...

There are three Sundance dealers that all say they will deliver to me (Optima) but they are all 2 hours away in east, west and south directions.

No Marquis dealer at all in Louisiana... closest one is in Mississippi and he'll charge an extra $250 bucks to deliver to me a Euphoria.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 02:24:39 am »
yep - ya can't get the power without the power.
If you like the layout of the mirage you might like the quest which has a single 160 240v but it still won't compare to the dual pump reward or euphoria.

And I see you found the super therapy, "blaster jets" seat in the euphoria - I love that seat, the only Marquis where you get all the power of both pumps in one seat -  290 gpm (can't get that in the SA); did you sit in the seat opposite to get that flow to the front of the body?

It's not clear by your post if you know that the non-SA reward and euphoria have a MP160 pump, along with the 130, were you able to tell the difference between the two sides of the tub? one side had that 160 pump you want to try out in the SA, the SA has 2 160s.

The whirlpool thing is definitely preference. I liked it and missed it when in the SA. I enjoy the passive massage of them on low and love the versitility with half of them on high speed - a little shifting and you can get therapy on pretty much any muscle in the body.

I'm interested to hear how you compare the SA wet tests.
e

stiffy

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 11:19:20 am »
Cajun M,  I, in the begining, was more concerned with a nice well jeted corner seat, injoyed the lounger( if I could keep that swirl jet  going) could also live without the wirlpool jets on the sides and put them in the seats or better yet the foot end of the lounger.  
I am sorry to hear your dealer issues but I have come to beleave though this post forum dont buy unless you can wettest

empo, I dont consider that row of jets running down infront of the filters a seat. but your right it is a nice set
(and in 8min you are lose as a goose. me and the wife fought for time in front of that set of jets.) And I must beg pardon for not making this clear both me and my wife found over all the marquis tubs weak in water movement from the jets except the blaster but you short change your tub partner by hoging the tub so to speak. I cannot find another dealer of marquis to let me wetest an SA
I will be posting are next wetest on the sweetwater palermo today
Thanks you two for the cudos on my test lets me know I'm helping others as you others have helped me!!!!!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 11:45:02 am »
Hello...

It is interesting in that you found the Marquis jets to be weak...as someone here who recently posted found them to be the strongest...perhaps it was the SA model they were in....I know from having the SA EUPHORIA that it is very strong...however you must make sure the jets are open...as each of the jets...(most) can be controlled almost like a value on facet.....it is something that applys to all of the Marquis tubs....next time you wet test make sure the dealer has them all open.....as this might have been the reason for lack of power.....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 11:52:10 am by Mendocino101 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 12:13:08 pm »
It never amazes me when people have differing views on this. I've seen people have exact opposite views on the same feature of a spa before and have come to just accept it. This is why wet testing is so valuable. What is great to one person can be disappointing to another. The key is for Stiffy to wet test others and make a comparison as maybe expectations were off. Its not how great/poor one spa is, its how great/poor it is versus another being considered.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stiffy

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 03:29:14 pm »
so true so true. and a doing just that see my new post

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 03:29:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42