What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J345 vs HotSprings Pulse  (Read 13672 times)

BFAR391857@AOL.COM

Re: Jacuzzi J345 vs HotSprings Pulse
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 02:13:04 pm »
I have a J345 Jacuzzi hot tub and have had it for 9 years.  Bought new.  Today I had to replace the circ pump and the flow switch.
I have never turned this tub off, except to clean and drain 4 times a year or so.  I live in Buffalo NY and as you all know, it gets kind of cold here.
I'm only putting my 2 cents in to give you a idea of how my hot tub has held up.  i usuually keep it at 100 except in winter when I raise it to 102/3
because it is so cold it gets down to 99/100 after a while which is where we like it.  good luck with whatever you choose.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 02:13:04 pm »

kitchener

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »
...The agreement with Direct Buy is members cannot shop with the local retailer and take their time if you want to get the substantial savings from Direct Buy. When you wet test you are abusing the system...

Wow -- I don't know about anyone else, but that sounds pretty unkind to me -- good for the dealer and unfriendly to the consumer.  Especially where something so subjective as a hot tub purchase is concerned!  Unless Direct Buy is rebating the dealers significantly (and who subsidizes that??), I think I'd take my chances with wet testing as I like and negotiating as close as I can to the predatory Direct Buy discount.  A hot tub is a pretty big purchase for such a anti-consumer arrangement.

Pholly

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:18 pm »
It was not DirectBuy or the HotSprings dealer that told me I could not wet test. It was Watkins, the manufacturer. I've contacted DirectBuy and they said they did not make this rule nor do they approve of it. They believe their customers should have all the same rights to a wet test as any other customer. The only rule is I can't go shopping in a HotSprings dealership. I have to go through Watkins and they are suppose to set up any visits or wet testing. That is what DirectBuy told me. But the guy at Watkins said no, I just have to buy it unseen and untested. I'm not happy with this and DirectBuy is not happy either. They are looking into the issue for me. We will see what happens.

And as for abusing membership of club rules, I can't go int a dealership and request a quote or tell them that I'm a DirectBuy member and I can get this tub at ??? price to try to make them give me the same price. I do understand that if I purchase the hot tub through DirectBuy I do so without knowing what prices the dealers sell the same hot tub for. I don't want a quote from the dealer and I don't want to try to bargain or strike a deal with the dealer.  I only want to do a wet test to make sure I like the hot tub before ordering.

In fact DirectBuy does not have a problem with members price shopping as long as they don't go into dealers or retailers and tell them they are DirectBuy members and what price they can get things for.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:17:30 pm by Pholly »

Pholly

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 05:54:33 pm »
Well, after many phone calls Watkins is suppose to calling me to schedule a wet test.

In the meantime, I have scheduled a wet test for the Jacuzzi J345 and theJ355. I have found massive price difference between Jacuzzi dealers. One quoted $9,800 on the J345 and another quoted $7,000 on the same model. I have searched both on the BBB and Angie's List and the more expensive dealer is not accredited with the BBB and has a B+ rating on both the BBB and Angie's List. The less expensive dealer is accredited with the BBB and has an A+ rating. They are listed on Angie's List.

Of course the most comfortable hot tub in the wet test will be the winner. If it turns out to be Jacuzzi, my dilemma with which dealer to choose. It would seem the best idea was to go with the least expensive dealer who has an A+ rating with the BBB and is accredited with them since 2006. But this dealer doesn't allow for wet testing. The more expensive dealer with the B+ rating is the one scheduling the wet test. So my ethical side says to go with the dealer scheduling wet test, but my economical side says save yourself $2,800 :-)

I'll just have to wait and see how the wet tests go. Maybe HotSprings will come out on top, though just from looking at the hot tubs, I like Jacuzzi the best.

kitchener

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »
When the checkbook is in your pocket, and the dealer knows you have options, he'll know which way he'll wants the coin to land. 

Play a little brinksmanship (if and when the time comes -- you may yet decide you like another tub more).  After testing it, if you decide it's what you want, tell him you'd like to give him the business, but the price variation is too big to ignore (has the benefit of being true).  Be prepared to walk and let him stew a little.  If he's not the owner, give him a face-saving suggestion of checking with the owner before you're forced to buy elsewhere.  If you don't hear back in a few days, then you can decide on where you stand regarding paying that much more juxtaposed with the better service you'd gotten.

Pholly

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 12:40:57 am »
So true, it never hurts to ask for a better deal. He has been great about accommodating us so far, which tells me he really wants my business. And I don't mind paying more for good service, but I do think the difference is too big to ignore.

We will meet with him again next weekend for the  wet test of the 345 and the 355. I'll let him know the quote I got from the other dealer on both models and see what happens. I've already let him know that when I do decide, I will paying for the hot tub in full, that I do not need financing. I don't know if that makes a difference. I do that sometimes being able to pay for big ticket items in full can get you a better deal.

ducru

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »
Pholly, I have a 345 and I love it.  When you do the wet test, try out all 4 corner seats to see which one you prefer.  You will  notice that there is one seat which is lower(deeper) than the others.  That's probably the one from which you were floating away. You can control your body's placement in this seat by pushing against the footwell.  It's great for sliding up and down and using the various jets on different parts of your back and even your buttocks.  It's also a great seat for the taller people using the spa.

Also, price aside, I would choose which dealer you think will be there for you after you purchase the spa.  If he is the most expensive one, go visit him with the lower price you received, and see how much he is willing to lower his price.   Good luck !

Pholly

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 06:15:01 pm »
Well, after many phone calls between DirectBuy and Watkins, Watkins decided to allow me to wet test the Flair. I'm glad I got to wet test it because the lounger is too long for me. When I get my knees over the hump my back is about a foot from the back of the seat. If I try to lean back and touch the seat, I end up with my head uder water. If I slide back so my back is against the seat, then my calves are on the hump.

We have also wet test the Jacuzzi J345 and the J355. It seems I just have a problem with them all because of my height. But the Jacuzzi suggested I use a booster seat and got me one to wet test with while I was there and that did it. With the booster seat I was able to sit comfortably in the the lounger of the J355. Since it worked so well, he threw in the booster seat for free. He also came off his original quote by $700.00. This make his quote $1,000.00 more than the quote from the other Jacuzzi dealer. He also said that if I could get my doctor to write a perscription for the hot tub he could take off the sales tax. But I'm a little leery of doing this. To me it just doesn't feel right. But my husband wants to save the extra money and now I'm not sure if I can talk him out if doing that.

I think for as much trouble as the higher priced Jacuzzi dealer has been willing to go to help us, it is worth the extra money to have the peace of mind that he will be there for us if we have any problems later.

I told hi I would let him know something by Tuesday.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 06:15:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42