What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub not reaching programmed temperature.  (Read 2570 times)

danpread

Hot tub not reaching programmed temperature.
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:59:35 am »
Hi All,

I have an issue with the temperature on my hot tub. I have set the temperature to 38 degrees but it can only seem to get up to around 35-36 which doesn't allow the thermostat to kick in.
I have opened her up & noticed that the plastic on one end of circulation pump has begun to melt.... Could the circulation pump be responsible for my lack of temperature if its not circulating my heated water properly or could the lack of temperature be causing the circulation pump to run continuously & be responsible for over heating the circulation pump?
Obviously I'm going to have to replace the pump regardless but I would really appreciate some advice on what the problem might be & what type of pump to go for?

The hot tub is a 5 man 1200lt capacity
The control system is a hydroquip ultralite series
The circulation pump is a 1 speed waterway tiny might, 230v 1/16hp 0.4a with 1" barbed connections.....

Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice, quiet alternative pump that will be suitable?

Thanks

Dan

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:55:30 pm by danpread »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub not reaching programmed temperature.
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:59:35 am »

Kev B

Re: Hot tub no reaching programmed temperature.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:01:10 pm »
 A hot tub troubleshooter can determine the issue quickly by using a voltmeter. The circulation pump should be capable of running 24/7 without melting. The heating element may or may not be out but a simple amp/ohms test will determine that. If there is not proper flow your system will not turn on the heater and if the heater is not working and did not pop the gfci breaker, the pump will continue running thinking it is trying to heat the water and the heat from the motor(S) will partially heat the water.

danpread

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »
That makes sense although when i increased the temperature to the maximum 40 degrees on the programmer the water temperature does increase slightly too but still doesn't reach the programmed temperature. If the waters only being heated by the heat from the motor i wouldn't think the temperature would fluctuate?

I've now removed the circulation pump. does it need to be replaced with a like for like model or can I replace it with any pump with a 1" connection?

Thanks for replying

Dan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 05:41:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42