What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Refurbished dealer tub Hotsprings Vanguard or Sundance Camden $?  (Read 2214 times)

tpdtopcop

Hi all,

Been looking for a nice used hot tub and can't afford new right now and a dealer close to me has two tubs that they have gone through and fixed or replaced parts. Both tubs are 2007's and come with new covers and a lifter. The Hotsprings vanguard they won't go a penny below $3100 and the sundance Camden is $2100. All the tubs have been refurbished through the hot tub dealer. My question is which is a better buy for the money?  Just need a tub to sooth my aching muscles and to unwind at the end of the day. Is it worth it to get the sundance and keep $1000 in my pocket?

Thanks in advance

Brad

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Refurbished dealer tub Hotsprings Vanguard or Sundance Camden $?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:28:15 pm »
Is the dealer offering any kind of warranty (30, 60, 90 days)?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »
Hi all,

Been looking for a nice used hot tub and can't afford new right now and a dealer close to me has two tubs that they have gone through and fixed or replaced parts. Both tubs are 2007's and come with new covers and a lifter. The Hotsprings vanguard they won't go a penny below $3100 and the sundance Camden is $2100. All the tubs have been refurbished through the hot tub dealer. My question is which is a better buy for the money?  Just need a tub to sooth my aching muscles and to unwind at the end of the day. Is it worth it to get the sundance and keep $1000 in my pocket?

Thanks in advance

Brad

They're two different spas really. The Vanguard I think is a step up and is certainly bigger/deeper but you'll have to decide if that really matters. Is it just you going in? Bigger is almost always the better option if the extra price is not an issue (only you can answer that) so unless its just being used by one or maybe two people then I'd go bigger.

Also, as mentioned ask for some kind of warranty on it though I hope they'd already offered one, even if its only minimal it gives you something in writing that it'll work longer than just while they're there that day.

tpdtopcop

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »
Two years on the lift assist and cover 90 days on the whole tub and any parts they replaced with whatever manufacturer of the part gives. Just me and my wife. Have a teen son which could have friends but would put limit of number of people.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42