What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Wish VS J-335 - Jacuzzi  (Read 9700 times)

Quickbeam

Re: Marquis Wish VS J-335 - Jacuzzi
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 11:39:44 pm »
Hi Nice guy
 Both of these companies are very well established and have good controls. The two things to consider would be the comfort and jet action of course, but also consider this.... Both of these tubs use proprietary parts and what that means is that no outside companies can get the parts at their wholesaler, so I suggest you check into the reputation of the service department and make that a factor in your decision. Any tub you purchase can have issues.
 Also, 50 amp circuits are generally the norm, along with the proper wire size which is generally 6.
So if it calls for 60 amp, that must mean it has more than 2 booster pumps and/or an air blower which are not as common these days. Good luck and enjoy!

Sorry, but I just don't agree that 50 amps is the norm. There are a lot of tubs that take 60 amps, and if it was me, even if I was buying a tub that only took 50 amps, I would wire for 60. And as someone else has already said, with the Jacuzzi, it comes set up for 50 amps, but on this setting if you run both pumps the heater kicks out. If you want to have the ability to run both pumps and the heater at the same time, there is a very small alteration either you or your dealer can do so the tub will run on 60 amps. This is of course assuming you have wired for 60 amps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 11:39:44 pm »

nice guy

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »
Well we decided. The J345. Not the tub we thought we wanted as we were looking for a 3 person with a lounger. The Jacuzzi  is roomy and comfortable and we are happy and exited.  The dealer said we need to wire it 60 amp 3 wire which is kinda strange I have always used 4 wire.  Might research this a little more. Thanks for all your help.   

Budule

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:05 pm »
Well we decided. The J345. Not the tub we thought we wanted as we were looking for a 3 person with a lounger. The Jacuzzi  is roomy and comfortable and we are happy and exited.  The dealer said we need to wire it 60 amp 3 wire which is kinda strange I have always used 4 wire.  Might research this a little more. Thanks for all your help.

Just wired mine (Jacuzzi) .....regular 60 amp breaker in your breaker panel , run 4 wires , red , black , white and green to a spa disconnect that has a 60 amp GFCI , from there to the tub  you don't need the white  ......1" pvc conduit for the 4 wires and then 3/4 for the 3..........THWN 6 gage (strand wire ) SHOULD be used ......the wire is about a dollar a foot , disconnect is about 70, PVC and fittings pretty cheap.....

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 02:31:58 am »
 Jacuzzi and Sundance 2 of the very few spas if any that need no neutral to the spa.. If there are others would love to hear who?

nice guy

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 08:43:52 am »
Hey thanks guys, is there some kind of switch, or something,  on the hot tub panel that I have to flip to change the incoming amps from 50 to 60? Sorry if this has been asked before I could have researched past posts. ? 

civicfire99

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:18 am »
Depending on length of run, you can run 8 gauge wire off 50 amp service.  60 amp calls for 6 gauge.  Not a big cost difference, so I'd lean toward the 6 gauge.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42