What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vandalism continues  (Read 3132 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Vandalism continues
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:47:18 am »
This time I have no proof it is the idiot kids to my west who invaded my hot tub.  After catching them the first time I bought a cheap web cam and it died after a few months.  This past weekend we went out of town so I tried to lock the cover down.  Went I went to the back side of the hot tub I found the locks had been smashed.  At first I thought it was just the female end of the locks that mount to the side of the tub, but when I went to replace them, I found it also broke the tabs on the male part on the cover. So now I can't lock my cover. I should have suspected that someone used our tub as I saw a foam level a week or two ago, and we never have foam.

Last night I bought a $500 2 wireless camera and digital recorder and I'll install the cams this weekend.  If I catch either the kids or as I am beginning to suspect the young couple to my East, there will be no warnings.  Its a shame after 12 years of hot tub ownership I now have to share it with my neighbors.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Vandalism continues
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:47:18 am »

Topline Mike

Re: Vandalism continues
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:25:33 am »
Wow, the nerve of some people.

I would set up a trail camera or two to catch these idiots.  I know you can buy a good one for under $100.  They have the ability to take video also.  Check out the website, Trail Cam Pro.  They review many different brands of trail cams and also sell them.  I own a bushnell trophy cam that I use for hunting purposes.  Good luck, and I hope you catch em. 

kitchener

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:28:50 am »
Can't you just dig a pit and put dung-tipped bungee sticks in the bottom? 

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:45:05 pm »
Sure hope you catch them and file charges against them... So very sorry this happened to you...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:10:20 pm »
This time I have no proof it is the idiot kids to my west who invaded my hot tub.  After catching them the first time I bought a cheap web cam and it died after a few months.  This past weekend we went out of town so I tried to lock the cover down.  Went I went to the back side of the hot tub I found the locks had been smashed.  At first I thought it was just the female end of the locks that mount to the side of the tub, but when I went to replace them, I found it also broke the tabs on the male part on the cover. So now I can't lock my cover. I should have suspected that someone used our tub as I saw a foam level a week or two ago, and we never have foam.

Last night I bought a $500 2 wireless camera and digital recorder and I'll install the cams this weekend.  If I catch either the kids or as I am beginning to suspect the young couple to my East, there will be no warnings.  Its a shame after 12 years of hot tub ownership I now have to share it with my neighbors.

You need an NRA sign
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:31 am »
You need an NRA sign

It's been a while since I cleaned my guns on the front porch :)  The place next to me is a rental, I wonder if its possible to find out the landlords name and send him the photos when I catch these kids.  The people left there now I should have some sympathy for, but they have been too annoying too long for me to feel any sympathy. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:43 pm »
Very sorry to hear about this, especially about the vandalism.   If you find out who did it, I would go to their parents, first, and let them know you will not press charges if they pay for the damages.  This, imo, would most likely keep them away from your tub for good.   Good luck and please keep us informed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42