What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozanator leak  (Read 2984 times)

ramone

Ozanator leak
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:06:06 am »
Just wondering how common it is for Ozanator to leak, there was a small leak coming from the bottom, so I put some silicone, it did the trick for 3 days then started leaking from the top tried to silicone  but it did not hold, I now have it off the tub and will start looking for one, any advice would be great, thanks so much.
Ramone

Hot Tub Forum

Ozanator leak
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:06:06 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Ozanator leak
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:06:51 pm »
There shouldn't be ANY water in an ozonator to leak out. You have other problems, causing water to get into the ozonator. At the minimum a bad check valve....and possibly a misrouted tube (running to the ozonator...it should loop up higher than the water).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »
The ozonator is connected to the water side of the hot tub plumbing.  Moving water then pulls air, which coming from the ozonator would be ozone, injecting it into the water to do it's job.  There is NO water application to the ozonator, and it is protected by a check valve which does not allow water to come back to the ozonator.  You are treating the symptom, when you need to address the problem.  Replace the check valve which will draw air into the plumbing.  When installing a check valve, blow into the check valve, it will block air in one direction, while allowing it only in the other direction.  Put it in backward, the ozonator will not work, and you will get water back to the ozonator.

The next question will be, does the ozonator still work?  Remove the silicone and let the ozonator dry out before plugging it back in, otherwise your breaker is going to be tripping.

How old is your ozonator?
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

ramone

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »
Wow thanks so much for the answers, I was ready to go out and by an new ozanator, and here thats is just a symptom .
The Tub is less than one month old, so ozanator would be the same. Im hoping because I tried to silicone it, they don't void the warranty . I do have the ozanator off the tub right now. Can we run our tub with out the ozanator ?
You guys are the best, I have so much to learn, so glad your here.
Ramone
Cheers

clover

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:27:37 am »
.....The Tub is less than one month old,.....I do have the ozanator off the tub right now. Can we run our tub with out the ozanator ?
Call your dealer, if your tub is in service 1 month, then your check valve on the draw line coming from the ozonator attached to the injector on the plumbing is either bad or in backward.  Check the "flow direction" on the check valve, if necessary, let your dealer know water is getting back to the ozonator.

The ozonator is a sanitizer that reduces the chemical consumption.  You can run without it, but it is better to employ it to sanitize water.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:27:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42