What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J345 vs HotSprings Pulse  (Read 13669 times)

Pholly

Jacuzzi J345 vs HotSprings Pulse
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »
I am looking to purchase my first jot tub. I have found a deal on a HotSprings Flair and one on the Jacuzzi J335 for the exact same price. I like both, they both have a lounger, which is what I want. Which is the better hot tub and which has the better service?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:51:30 pm by Pholly »

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J345 vs HotSprings Pulse
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »

richierich

Re: Jacuzzi J335 vs HotSprings Flair
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:48:21 pm »
They are both very nice spas from 2 of the most respected manufactures  although neither one is a top of the line or top tier series spa. They are both from the second tier line up from their respective manufacture. You need to wet test each one and see which you prefer. Either one would be a solid choice. good luck in your search.

Pholly

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:25:11 pm »
I know they both from a mid range, which is we are looking for right now. We plan to build a pool with a hot tub in the future. So this is just a thing to make me happy until we can have the pool built.

The HotSprings dealer in my area does wet test. But, unfortunately, the only two Jacuzzi dealers in this area do not so wet test. I wish they did because I think I like the Jacuzzi better. But, if the wet test with HotSprings proves positive, that may very well be the one I purchase.

Thanks for your reply. :-)

P.S. I just found out the good deal that was quoted to me on the HotSprings spa goes away if I go in for a wet test. The price after the wet test will $2,500 more. This is because I was purchasing through a club, and a wet test apparently violates club membership rules.

So, I've now found another Jacuzzi dealer about 300 miles away that is willing to let me come in and do a wet test. And they have a service center located near me if I need service in the future. Their price includes free shipping. So, now it is looking like Jacuzzi may be the winner.

I can't believe that getting a wet test seems to be such a problem in my area.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:09:07 pm by Pholly »

buba

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 04:42:34 pm »
I am looking to purchase my first jot tub. I have found a deal on a HotSprings Flair and one on the Jacuzzi J335 for the exact same price. I like both, they both have a lounger, which is what I want. Which is the better hot tub and which has the better service?

All things being equal, the better service will be determined by the better dealer. Check both dealers out.

Pholly

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 05:11:04 pm »
At the moment it seems that Jacuzzi is willing do more to get my business. HotSprings (Watkins) is making things rather difficult.

Pholly

Re: Jacuzzi J345 vs HotSprings Pulse
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 09:06:55 pm »
Well, now I'm more confused than before. I drove the 3 hours today for the wet test at the nearest Jacuzzi dealer that allows wet testing. I found that I float up in the lounger of the J335. But I also floated out of all the seats. The salesman said that the new 2014 model of the J345 has a foot dome and that some people find they can stay in the seats better using the foot dome as leverage. My husband believes the water level was too high and that if it were lowered, I could probably stay in the seats better.

So I got a price quote on the J345 instead of the J335, because the lounger is not going to work for me. The quote included the hot tub, cover, cover lifter, steps, starter chemical kit, and free delivery and setup for $9,800.00. I don't know if this is a good deal or not. It is within my price range and I really like the look of the tub and the jets. Just wondering if I would be able to stay in the seats using the foot dome as leverage. Unfortunately, they did not have one set up so we could wet test. Anyone had any experience with this problem?

I did find a HotSprings dealer about 1.5 hours away that allows for wet testing. I plan to schedule a wet test with them. I'm wondering if I float in one brand of hot tub, will I float in them all. We will see. I like the Jacuzzi better, better looking, better warranty. But if I can stay in the seats of the HotSprings, then I may have to go that way.

Quickbeam

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 09:13:37 pm »
I was convinced I wanted a lounger and both my wife and I floated out of the lounger in the J-335. We ended up getting the J-345 and love it. Absolutely no problem with floating out of any of the seats.

Pholly

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »
Quickbeam, thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear that because I really like the Jacuzzi hot tub and the dealer was very nice. I actually had a problem with Watkins Manufacturing, which is the company that produces HotSprings, they treated me very poorly. So, I really didn't want to buy from them after that.

Customer service is important to me and Jacuzzi definitely was better at that than Watkins.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »
Ditto on loving the foot dome for keeping planted.

Quickbeam

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:04:33 am »
Quickbeam, thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear that because I really like the Jacuzzi hot tub and the dealer was very nice. I actually had a problem with Watkins Manufacturing, which is the company that produces HotSprings, they treated me very poorly. So, I really didn't want to buy from them after that.

Customer service is important to me and Jacuzzi definitely was better at that than Watkins.

Hi Pholly,

It seems like we traveled almost the same path. Like you, I had some troubles with the Hotspring dealer. We had two Hotspring dealers in our general area and unfortunately neither was very knowledgeable and at least one of them would not let me wet test. With that Hotspring was off our list. Our Jacuzzi dealer bent over backwards to help us and he ended up getting our business. Dealer was great and we love the tub.

I should clarify that we have only had the tub a few months now, so it isn’t a long time to judge reliability, etc., but so far at least we are very happy with the J-345.

Good luck with your search!

Budule

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 09:06:22 am »
This all sounds familiar , ....started with HotSprings , ended with Jacuzzi .....wife wanted a lounger too but the J335 is not the best lounger design (even the dealer said so ) bad angle and it dosent end right imo  (no place to "lock" your feet in ) ....so we tried a j365 , wife did not like the foot dome , said she couldnt stretch out right and it wasn't comfortable , so we went with a j375 , totally different lounger in that one and all was good.....that's why you have to test them I guess , if we would have got either the 335 (lounger problems ) or one with a foot dome (which by just looking at it , she thought she wanted) she would have been unhappy with the purchase...........me ? ....I would have been happy with ANY of them .......

Pholly

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 09:47:17 am »
LOL, my husband feels the same way, I'm the picky one :-)

I think I will have to schedule another test soak in the J375 before deciding. It looks awesome.

Quickbeam

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 11:16:42 am »
You might also want to take a look at the J-355. It's not as big as the J-375, but I remember my dealer telling me it had one of the most comfortable loungers in the Jacuzzi line. We couldn't get a tub any larger than 7' x 7', so unfortunately neither of these tubs was an option for us.

Budule

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:27 am »
You might also want to take a look at the J-355. It's not as big as the J-375, but I remember my dealer telling me it had one of the most comfortable loungers in the Jacuzzi line. We couldn't get a tub any larger than 7' x 7', so unfortunately neither of these tubs was an option for us.

The 355 and 375 have the same lounger I believe , the 355 only has 3 headrests though and my OCD wouldn't allow that (unbalanced is a deal breaker for me ) im not sure how much cheaper it was but our guy came down on the 375 some more and gave us some more "store credit" so it was pretty close.....

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »
Let me help you understand what is going on here with Watkins, your dealer and Direct Buy.  The agreement with Direct Buy is members cannot shop with the local retailer and take their time if you want to get the substantial savings from Direct Buy. When you wet test you are abusing the system.  That is why the dealer told you it would be more once you wet tested.  Has nothing to do with Watkins other than the deal they have with Direct Buy.

When you say Jacuzzi has better customer service than Hot Spring, I think you are referring to dealers, not the manufacturers.  Correct?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42