What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEW Jacuzzi J-365 with circ pump noise  (Read 3284 times)

Trifecta

NEW Jacuzzi J-365 with circ pump noise
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:56 am »
I've got a J365 about 2 months old and the circ pump just recently started making a strange, high-pitched noise while operating. It's not overbearing but is noticeable even with the access panel closed. I have my circ set for 24-hour operation. Any similar experiences out there or general knowledge about pumps? Is this a normal sound that could come and go or signs of a problem? Should I wait and see and call the dealer right away for warranty work? I first noticed it Sunday evening and confirmed again this morning, so this evening will be 48 hours.

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

NEW Jacuzzi J-365 with circ pump noise
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:56 am »

clover

Re: NEW Jacuzzi J-365 with circ pump noise
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:29:42 am »
I would suggest removing the filter that it is sucking water through to see if it is filter related to the problem, then I would call the dealer to inquire.  The circ pump should not be giving off noise, and it could relate to the conditions under which it is operating.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:34:16 pm »
We've got a new J-345 and noticed a high pitch whine when the waterfall was on full. We weren't sure if it was there when we first got the tub, so we called our dealer and the service tech. came out. He told us it was just the normal operation of the circ. pump.

I never checked to see if the high pitch whine was there without the waterfall, but I'm assuming it was (I can't check it right now as we are on vacation).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:34:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42