What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Did the indepth R-N-D down 2,2.ned $check  (Read 7759 times)

stiffy

Did the indepth R-N-D down 2,2.ned $check
« on: June 28, 2004, 09:31:05 pm »
Ok, 40eth is coming  :o and I got the ok from the sweet heart to hunt for THE spa :). Did all 28 manufaturer sites from pool and spa (my eyes hurt big time)  :-[called dealers visited dealers read reviews, then I found this forum! :D
Spent six hours viewing 39 pages of this forum (actualy could not sleep after this head hurt so bad)  :-[Went and looked over the spas that had layouts that we liked. Then came structural, material and easy component access and FOAM yes non foamers I am a man for FOAM!! narrowed down to 3 manufactureres(also factured in price cap) Sweetwater-palermo, Caldera-paradise S Tahitian and Marquis- mirage. Am not a fan of bells and whitsle give me true performance...Then went through each manuf,.. warrentys" WOW" big shocker for sweetwater on there if your tub needs replacing U pay big for there screwup. Now down too 2, did the 100 Q over the phone to both,
The marquis is the whip with there warrenty and was pleased the caldera is no slowch with theres ether. But Marquis construction and no bells and whistles; being a tradesmen I see it it is worthy . So comparing the caldera P,Series Tahitian the hydrotherapy layout was far better then the marquis mirage($5500 otd,weak water flow unless u turn on them foot well nozels then its hydro enema time  :P). so I looked to match a marquis to the caldera tub and that was the silver annivers reward!
And the price jumped right past the caldera???????
Caldera $6400 OTD with the usuals + GFCI box
Marquis $7626.70 w/t with the usuals wo/GFCI and if I put 20% down I only get a $200 drop.
And this is where I am stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nether dealer has ether tub for me to wet-test
and Caldera will have to wait for a delivery but MArquis will not fill that tub only mirage-reward-euphoria that are in the showroom.
Help. I'm truely pissed, does maquis have such a great product they have no need to flex with price like Over inflated hotspings?
I need some feed back, some comarisons  let me here it please.

pissed stiffy

Hot Tub Forum

Did the indepth R-N-D down 2,2.ned $check
« on: June 28, 2004, 09:31:05 pm »

stiffy

Re: Did the indepth R-N-D down 2,2.ned $check
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 10:07:18 pm »
Come on, that was soppose to be pissed stifly as in my job sends me home tight in the muscles and tension from teenage children. I'm ready for a tub ! been paying to much for the one-hour u soak in a tub place.
Should I be happy with these prices? does the caldera compare to marquis?????????????????

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 11:51:24 pm »
heres a thought for you....If you liked the Marquis...why not look at the everyday line 530 in about 1 week it will come with the spa frog  as well as the ozonator when you get the z pack that includes the upgraded cover and dura base bottom....it would fit within your price range and is a nice 2 pump spa.....also if you like the regular Marquis line check out the destiny....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 01:21:50 am »
2 good products so you can't go wrong either way.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 03:20:18 am »
I second that.
Both good spas!

OnMedic

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 07:26:11 am »
Just one suggestion. Wet test, or even dry test fot that matter, more the just these two for comparison sake. You may learn you like deeper foot wells, or don't like a particular layout or design feature. I know I like the saratoga until I tried others, then decided otherwise. If you like a good, strong, back to basics tub, check out Beachcomber and Vita too.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 08:01:07 am »
Onmedic, you are right on.  When we wet tested, the top 2 on our list were ruled out right away and we kinda had to start over.  

stiffy

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 08:41:26 am »
Mendicino, am a little confused. Marquis has a numder iditifyed line of tubs; z pack, upgraded dura base????(little more info please)

for spatech and zztop, I am haveing a hard time with not just the price increase, ok a little( which I feel there sould be some competative flexing, u agree yes/ no????)
But that 7y dura base  warrenty is hard for me to get past. which may be clouding my original focus.
hope u all understand I appreciate your time, input and shareing of knowhow.
adding insult to injury maybe some of u who work on these 2 tubs can give some insight if ur out there.

Big Thanks

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 10:57:05 am »
Yes...they have a line of tubs call the "Everyday Hot Tub" line and the models are identified by numbers.... the 530 being one of them as an option you can order the "Z" package which upgrades the bottom, the cover, the cabinet and now it includes the spa frog and ozonator. With those things on the 530 model you should be able to buy it for about 5500 to 6000. Ask your local dealer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 11:15:29 am »
Caldera and Marquis are 2 very good makes. Typically I don't think price difference should be a huge factor on a purchase that is meant to last 10+ years but if you're really torn let each dealer know price its a big factor and go with whichever you feel is the best value in the end as they're really both good spas.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 12:53:25 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

zzaphod42

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 12:36:02 pm »
Mendicino, am a little confused. Marquis has a numder iditifyed line of tubs; z pack, upgraded dura base????(little more info please)

for spatech and zztop, I am haveing a hard time with not just the price increase, ok a little( which I feel there sould be some competative flexing, u agree yes/ no????)
But that 7y dura base  warrenty is hard for me to get past. which may be clouding my original focus.
hope u all understand I appreciate your time, input and shareing of knowhow.
adding insult to injury maybe some of u who work on these 2 tubs can give some insight if ur out there.

Big Thanks

Not all dealers are willing to negotiate or "flex" on price depending on how they price their tubs. If the dealer is unwilling to budge, you might try to have them "throw" something in to close the deal. Keep in mind however, that some dealers choose to display their bottom line price rather than show an inflated price and then "discount" it to show false savings.

Joe

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 09:59:04 pm »
stiffy,
Did you check out the cupon marquis usually has online for a $200 discount. I think it is still on the manufactures website.

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 11:52:36 pm »
here's a suggestion, ask for an upgraded warrenty on the sweetwater.  my dealer said that they would do it if we went with the bahia.  we ended up with the optima from sundance but bahia was 2nd option.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 12:54:01 am »
Do yourself a huge favor and do whatever you can to wet test the tubs you are interested in. In my experience the dry test meant absolutely nothing as every tub felt different wet (Reward SA included) not to mention that you can't know how the jets feel without getting in front of them.

I've been looking seriously at Marquis - my local dealer has a small showroom, with only one 240v tub wet. I ended up traveling to a further dealer with a much larger inventory on my local dealer's recommendation. They had all but one tub wet that I wanted to test - well worth the trip. When my local dealer found that I actually made the trip and knew I was a serious buyer he told me he would fill that one tub I didn't get to test.

The only way to know which tub is better for you at the price given is to wet test. I've found that the truth in how much "flex" there is comes when the dealer knows you are serious about buying a particular tub.
e

stiffy

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 02:48:02 pm »
OK folks, reread yourall advice. and am wet testing marquis today, mirage,reward(regular) and the eutopia.
Will most deffenetly test the caldera, D-1 for a comparison then the sweetwater(when the time to do so presents itself). Like you all say wettest, wettest,wettest.
Will get back for those who would like to know how marquis went.

Once again youall are great people and me and my family thank you for what advice you have given and any more that is comeing.
For those of you who will not see my post on the marquis test, have a safe fourth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 02:48:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42