What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: dimension 1  (Read 5835 times)

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
dimension 1
« on: June 24, 2004, 07:10:02 am »
any comments on the d1 tubs; specifically the chairman 11 and the lotus bay. they are pricey. quoted 11-12,000. are they worth the additional cost over other top rated tubs. anyone have experience with the sequencer? thanks.

ed

Hot Tub Forum

dimension 1
« on: June 24, 2004, 07:10:02 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: dimension 1
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 09:40:59 am »
D1 is very well engineered. I agree that they are pricey but well worth it. The sequencer is basically a series of sprinkler valves and yes it is very reliable. I have tried several of them as I'm looking to replace my 3-year-old Marquis. It's a tough decision between the two brands and now I have a friend wanting to sell me a Caldera at cost. I haven't wet tested that yet but so far really like Marquis SA reward, Euphoria and the D1 Lotus bay, Californian and Aurora 2. I think the Aurora and the Californian had the best power and the Lotus the best overall features. The Lotus bay is on of the coolest spas I have seen in years!

markb

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 10:23:47 am »
Wet tested the D1 chairman. Very powerful spa indeed. Kids had trouble staying seats. Price quoted was $8500 complete. We didn't price the chairman ll. The dealer kept telling us they are the only spa that can have the ozone on while the jets are running. This simply isn't true anymore. Hot springs and caldera claim to run 24hrs too.

I don't think you can go wrong with a D1, just not the right one for us. The ultra light shell seems to be a good product but the white reminds me of an old bath tub.

Hey stuart, will your friend sell me a caldera at cost? ;D

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 12:18:59 pm »
D1 appears to make great tubs and they also appear to be one of the priciest. Like stuart, I too find it tough to make a decision between D1 tubs and Marquis, though the "lousy" D1 dealer in my area and the price differnece is rather swaying. (As well as the differences in features, but that's another discussion)

The sequencer is really nifty, but to me, just another thing that can go wrong; I can't sit still for too long in one jetted seat position so I prefer to move seats in the spa to get a variety of therapy and seating positions. The Lotus Bay is very cool but in my opinion not well worth it. But if you like the ride and the extra cash doesn't matter than the D1 could be the tub for you.

Side note:
I've been reading through several spa forums for quite some time now and have come across a handful of postings about D1 electronic issues involving the conrtol panel.

Stuart, why are you looking to replace your 3-year-young Marquis? Are you looking for a buyer?
e

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 02:26:40 pm »

Stuart, why are you looking to replace your 3-year-young Marquis?

Because I can

I try to stay as current as I can with my spa @ home as an industry professional I feel I need to get a new one every 4 years. This doesn't mean that I think every industry pro should but I work with and advise a lot of people in spa business and it gives me an edge to have something fairly new.

Are you looking for a buyer?

You can't believe the offers I've had! I should go into the used Marquis business! No it has a home already.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 04:27:33 pm »
... as an industry professional I feel I need to get a new one every 4 years.

Good thing for your wife that you're not a marriage counselor.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 10:15:48 pm »
H a r d to t y pe.... still laughing!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 10:20:10 pm »
I've been reading through several spa forums for quite some time now and have come across a handful of postings about D1 electronic issues involving the conrtol panel.

empolgation
This is new to me!? I've had quite a few dealings with D1 and have followed several forums concerning them.

Can you email me with the info you found?

empolgation

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 02:23:37 pm »
Can you email me with the info you found?
stuart,  I don't know your email but I have sent you an PM.

You can also add the recent post on this forum to the list:
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1088274399
e

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:40:58 pm »
empolgation,
I posted on the link you gave me, thanks. My guess is that it is a power hit from a lightning strike, there has been a ton lately on many differant brands. I recommended resetting the power and see if it helps. If you get an answer from them let me know.

empolgation

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 05:04:09 pm »
You can't believe the offers I've had! I should go into the used Marquis business! No it has a home already.
No surprise there.

If you go with a Marquis to replace it I'll take first dibs on that tub... so I'll see you in 4 years to pick it up  ;D
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 05:04:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42